Motorsport venues similar to or like Silverstone Circuit
Motor racing circuit in England located next to the Northamptonshire villages of Silverstone and Whittlebury. Wikipedia
2.505 mi motorsport race track in Anderstorp , Sweden and the sole Nordic host of a Formula One World Championship Grand Prix, when the Swedish Grand Prix was held for six years between 1973 and 1978. Built on marshlands in 1968 and became an extremely popular venue in the 1970s, just as Swede Ronnie Peterson was at the height of his career. Wikipedia
Sentences forSilverstone Circuit
- On Lap 1 of the at Silverstone, Schumacher crashed heavily at Stowe Corner after his rear brake failed, sending him off the circuit after he locked up at approximately 130 mph.
- The UK hosted the first F1 Grand Prix in 1950 at Silverstone, the current location of the British Grand Prix held each year in July.
- Notable service amenities in the county are Pinewood Film Studios, Dorney rowing lake and part of Silverstone race track on the Northamptonshire border.
- On 15 September 2012, 964 Ferrari cars worth over $162 million (£99.95 million) attended the Ferrari Driving Days event at Silverstone Circuit and paraded round the Silverstone Circuit setting a world record.
- The first world championship race was held at Silverstone, United Kingdom in 1950.
- Important through the Grand Prix is, the high-spot of the 1978 season at Brands Hatch and Silverstone was the coming of the USAC Champ Car.
- The BBC commented in its coverage that: "Donington's bid looks over, and that Ecclestone has offered the race to Silverstone."
- During qualifying for the at Silverstone, Rosberg lapped the ultra fast 4.719 km circuit in 1:05.591 for an average speed of 160.938 mph, the fastest recorded lap in Formula One history to that point.
- The British Grand Prix came to Kent in 1964 and was to be shared with Silverstone in alternate years until 1986.
- The Silverstone Circuit, current home of the British Grand Prix, is a few miles south of Northampton.
- Renault introduced the turbo engine to Formula One when they debuted their first car, the Renault RS01 at Silverstone in 1977.
- Driving one in 1958, Allison won the F2 class in the International Trophy at Silverstone, beating Stuart Lewis-Evans's Cooper.
- The week before the race, Schumacher impressed Jordan designer Gary Anderson and team manager Trevor Foster during a test drive at Silverstone.
- Their new 2010 car, the Williams FW32, was unveiled for the first time at a shakedown test at Silverstone.
- Silverstone is a major motor racing circuit, most notably used for the British Grand Prix.
- In the final round of 1998 at Silverstone, a third car was entered for Independents Champion Tommy Rustad.
- Although Hill, no longer a front-runner since his 1969 accident, took his final Formula One win in the non-championship BRDC International Trophy at Silverstone, the team scored only seven championship points.
- Silverstone Circuit hosts the British Grand Prix, although the southern half of the track is outside the region.
- Stewart is also an avid car enthusiast; he is regularly seen at Silverstone during British Grand Prix weekends.
- The famous British track at Silverstone is a former Class A airfield, as are Castle Combe and Goodwood.
- It was one of a number of challenges in which the presenters had to be focused and serious, despite the comedic scenes shown, with another being on 9 September, when the presenters, including The Stig, participated in the 2007 Britcar 24-hour race at Silverstone, using a race-prepared, second-hand diesel BMW 330d, fuelled by biodiesel refined from crops they had sown as part of an earlier feature.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Silverstone Circuit