Countries similar to or like Singapore
Sovereign island city-state in maritime Southeast Asia. Wikipedia
The Straits Settlements were a group of British territories located in Southeast Asia. Originally established in 1826 as part of the territories controlled by the British East India Company, the Straits Settlements came under British Raj control in 1858 and then under direct British control as a Crown colony on 1 April 1867. Wikipedia
Sovereign island country in the West Indies in the Americas, lying between the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean. It consists of two major islands, Antigua and Barbuda separated by 63 km, and smaller islands (including Great Bird, Green, Guiana, Long, Maiden, Prickly Pear, York Islands, Redonda). Wikipedia
- The development of Singapore English started from at least 1819 when British statesman Stamford Raffles arrived in the lands that now make up Singapore to establish a trading port.
- It is an important component in global distribution, as it is the third-largest inter-modal port in the world after Hong Kong and Singapore.
- Ranked the second-highest country on the Human Development Index in Asia after Singapore, Japan has the world's second-highest life expectancy, though it is experiencing a decline in population.
- In 2018, Paris was the most expensive city in the world with Singapore and Hong Kong.
- While the economy continued to grow at a slower rate, the country eschewed a Western-oriented development model, and by the 1980s, was left behind capitalist powerhouses like Singapore which were integrated into Western economy.
- It is linked to Singapore by a narrow causeway and a bridge.
- The metropolis exerts a major influence in regional affairs as one of the five leading hosts of global conferences; as of 2018 it was ranked 3rd in the world after Singapore (1st) and Brussels (2nd).
- Rangoon became the capital of British Burma and an important port between Calcutta and Singapore.
- Tamil is also one of the official languages of Singapore.
- According to a study commissioned by Lien Foundation, a Singapore-based philanthropic organisation, Kerala is considered to be the best place to die in India based on the state's provision of palliative care for patients with serious illnesses.
- In 2017, Lithuania was third country, after Ireland and Singapore by the average job value of investment projects.
- On 6 July 2005, the final selection was announced at the 117th IOC Session in Singapore.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Singapore