Topics similar to or like Skycam
Computer-controlled, stabilized, cable-suspended camera system. Wikipedia
Hardware and software communication protocol invented by Sony that synchronizes cameras. The LANC terminal on Sony and other manufacturers' camcorders lets accessories, such as tripods with a control handle, control the camera over a cable connected to the LANC port instead of using buttons on the camera. Wikipedia
- The television broadcast was noted for its extensive use of the Skycam for game coverage after fog made it impossible to use other cameras.
- During a corner kick for the Sounders in the 83rd minute, a wire holding the Skycam system over the stadium fell onto the pitch, causing a short delay.
- NBC added a 180-degree 8K resolution camera to the Skycam unit for "intimate" overhead views, supplanting wide-angle shots that would expose stands with little to no spectators.
- A Skycam is also used; it is usually mounted 20 feet above the stands in foul territory and travels back and forth along the first base line from behind home plate to the foul pole.
- The telecasts made extensive use of on-field microphones (with head coaches and quarterbacks also miked), and Skycams (with two deployed for each game, with one along the sideline, as opposed to having more than one high camera).
- It featured various modifications to the rules of football in order to increase its intensity, as well as on-air innovations such as Skycams, placing microphones on players, and in-game interviews with players.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Skycam