Albums similar to or like Smile (Beach Boys album)
Unfinished album by the American rock band the Beach Boys that was planned to follow their 11th studio album Pet Sounds . Wikipedia
Song by the American rock band the Beach Boys from their 1967 album Smiley Smile and their unfinished Smile project. Written by Brian Wilson and Van Dyke Parks, the song tells the story of a young girl's sexual awakening and its disruption of her devotion to God and her parents. Wikipedia
Sentences forSmile (Beach Boys album)
- By the time of the universal success of "Good Vibrations", Wilson was underway with his next project, Smile, which Wilson described as a "teenage symphony to God."
- Impressed by the results, Brian Wilson soon convinced Parks to write lyrics for the Beach Boys' next LP, the ambitious but ill-fated Smile.
- Parks believed that having Brian exploit the cello "to such a hyperbolic degree" was what encouraged the duo to immediately collaborate on the never-finished album Smile.
- After scrapping the Smile album in 1967, Brian's contributions diminished due to his mental health issues.
- In the midst of "Good Vibrations" sessions, Wilson invited session musician and songwriter Van Dyke Parks to collaborate as lyricist for the Beach Boys' next album project, soon titled Smile.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Smile (Beach Boys album)