Countries similar to or like Solomon Islands
Sovereign state consisting of six major islands and over 900 smaller islands in Oceania, to the east of Papua New Guinea and northwest of Vanuatu. Wikipedia
Sovereign state in the Melanesia subregion of Oceania in the western Pacific Ocean. About the history of the nation state rather than the broader geographical area of the Solomon Islands archipelago, which covers both Solomon Islands and Bougainville Island, a province of Papua New Guinea. Wikipedia
Island country in the Polynesian subregion of Oceania, surrounded by the Pacific Ocean and situated about midway between Hawaii and Australia. The country lies east-northeast of the Santa Cruz Islands (which belong to the Solomon Islands), northeast of Vanuatu, southeast of Nauru, south of Kiribati, west of Tokelau, northwest of Samoa and Wallis and Futuna, and north of Fiji. Wikipedia
The History of Oceania includes the history of Australia, New Zealand, Hawaii, Papua New Guinea, Fiji and other Pacific island nations. Divided into the prehistory of each of its major areas: Polynesia, Micronesia, Melanesia, and Australasia, and these vary greatly as to when they were first inhabited by humans—from 70,000 years ago to 3,000 years ago (Polynesia). Wikipedia
Sovereign island country in the West Indies in the Americas, lying between the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean. It consists of two major islands, Antigua and Barbuda separated by 63 km, and smaller islands (including Great Bird, Green, Guiana, Long, Maiden, Prickly Pear, York Islands, Redonda). Wikipedia
The continent of Australia, sometimes known in technical contexts by the names Sahul, Australinea, or Meganesia to distinguish it from the country of Australia, consists of the landmasses which sit on Australia's continental plate. Part of the continental shelf of the Australian continent. Wikipedia
Sovereign island city-state in maritime Southeast Asia. It lies about one degree of latitude (137 km) north of the equator, off the southern tip of the Malay Peninsula, bordering the Straits of Malacca to the west, the Riau Islands (Indonesia) to the south, and the South China Sea to the east. Wikipedia
Sentences forSolomon Islands
- Papua New Guinea (and the Solomon Islands) are unusual among Commonwealth realms in that governors-general are elected by the legislature, rather than chosen by the executive branch.
- The blackbirding era began in Fiji in 1865 when the first New Hebridean and Solomon Islands labourers were transported there to work on cotton plantations.
- In April 1943, Kennedy was assigned to Motor Torpedo Squadron TWO, and on April 24 he took command of PT-109, which was based at the time on Tulagi Island in the Solomons.
- Tonga has contributed troops and police to the Bougainville conflict in Papua-New Guinea and to the Australian-led RAMSI force in the Solomon Islands.
- Maritime boundaries with the Solomon Islands were confirmed by a 1989 treaty.
- Japanese land forces continued to advance in the Solomon Islands and New Guinea.
- The airfield which was the cause of the fighting in 1942, and which became well known as Henderson Field is now the international airport for the Solomon Islands.
- Cavill developed the stroke by observing a young boy from the Solomon Islands, Alick Wickham.
- In October 2000, a Solomon Islands Peace Agreement was negotiated in Townsville.
- In Solomon Islands, All My Children aired on Solomon Islands Broadcasting Corporation Mondays to Friday at 1:00 pm
- In September 2017, the organization voted to accept Palestine and the Solomon Islands as members.
- It has contributed forces to several regional and global peacekeeping missions, such as those in Cyprus, Somalia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Sinai, Angola, Cambodia, the Iran–Iraq border, Bougainville, East Timor, and the Solomon Islands.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Solomon Islands