Topics similar to or like Songwriter
Musician who professionally composes musical compositions and writes lyrics for songs. Wikipedia
The music industry consists of the companies and independent artists that earn money by creating new songs and pieces and arranging live concerts and shows, audio and video recordings, compositions and sheet music, and the organizations and associations that aid and represent music creators. Among the many individuals and organizations that operate in the industry are: the songwriters and composers who create new songs and musical pieces; the singers, musicians, conductors and bandleaders who perform the music; the companies and professionals who create and sell recorded music and/or sheet music (e.g., music publishers, music producers, recording studios, engineers, record labels, retail and online music stores, performance rights organizations); and those that help organize and present live music performances (sound engineers, booking agents, promoters, music venues, road crew). Wikipedia
Handwritten or printed form of musical notation that uses musical symbols to indicate the pitches, rhythms, or chords of a song or instrumental musical piece. Paper , although the access to musical notation since the 1980s has included the presentation of musical notation on computer screens and the development of scorewriter computer programs that can notate a song or piece electronically, and, in some cases, "play back" the notated music using a synthesizer or virtual instruments. Wikipedia
Person who writes music, especially classical music in any form, including vocal music (for a singer or choir), instrumental music, electronic music, and music which combines multiple forms. A composer may create music in any music genre, including, for example, classical music, musical theatre, blues, folk music, jazz, and popular music. Wikipedia
Group of musicians within a music ensemble or band that provides the underlying rhythm, harmony and pulse of the accompaniment, providing a rhythmic and harmonic reference and "beat" for the rest of the band. Often contrasted with the roles of other musicians in the band, such as the lead guitarist or lead vocals whose primary job is to carry the melody. Wikipedia
Argentine composer, guitarist and arranger, referent musician from the new generation of classical music contemporary composers from Patagonia. Author of Suite Patagonica, AH!, Colección , Cantata Instrumental and Tierra del Viento ( based on Eliseo Miciú 's homonymous book) among others. Wikipedia
Extended musical composition in Western classical music, written by composers, most often for orchestra. Although the term has had many meanings from its origins in the ancient Greek era, by the late 18th century the word had taken on the meaning common today: a work usually consisting of multiple distinct sections or movements, often four, with the first movement in sonata form. Wikipedia
Women in music describes the role of women as composers, songwriters, instrumental performers, singers, conductors, music scholars, music educators, music critics/music journalists and in other musical professions. As well, it describes music movements (e.g., women's music, which is music written and performed by women for women), events and genres related to women, women's issues and feminism. Wikipedia
- APRA, which formed in 1926, represents songwriters, composers, and music publishers, providing businesses with a range of licences to use copyrighted music.
- The term "musical work" refers to the notes and lyrics of a song or a piece of music, while a "sound recording" results from its fixation on physical media.
- Raphael also appeared in the movies Songwriter and Honeysuckle Rose, and filmed performances with Willie Nelson, Wynton Marsalis, and Norah Jones.
- Many of the group's songs were co-written by Clarke, usually with Nash and Hicks, until Nash's departure at the end of 1968.
- They often purchased or claimed co-writer credit of songs written by artists on their labels using pseudonyms.
- Written by Jack Daniels and Bonnie Thompson, this disc also sold over one million copies, and received a gold disc awarded by the Recording Industry Association of America in May 1970.
- Songwriter and electric guitarist Leonard Ahlstrom also left later to help a friend manage a recording label in Florida.
- "Me Enamora" (English: It Makes Me Fall in Love) is a song written and performed by Colombian singer and Songwriter, Juanes.
- The debut showed that Gibson was more than a Wonder-clone and that he had song-writing skills to go with his 'great voice'.
- Grande herself co-wrote six out of the 12 album tracks.
- This musical education brought him an expertise in both playing and songwriting, while "some of the atonal aspects of jazz gave him a different perspective on composing and soloing."
- Penned by Werner Theunissen, who had been the sisters' guitar teacher, it is estimated that "Mississippi" sold over five million copies worldwide.
- The album was executive produced by Fraser T Smith, who confirmed in June 2012 that he was "taking a production role for the whole album as well as co-authoring about half its tracks".
- Jem's group, the Holograms, consists of Kimber Benton, Jerrica's younger sister, keyboardist, and main songwriter for the band; Aja Leith, Asian-American guitarist; and Shana Elmsford, Jerrica's African-American foster sister who plays the synth drums.
- On first pressings of both Santana's debut album and the single release, the songwriting credit was given to Jimmie Zack.
- Written by Larry Parks and Jay Turnbow, the record reached no. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
- The first line-up change occurred when drummer Michael Clarke quit the group over disputes with Crosby and the other band members over his playing ability and his apparent dissatisfaction with the material the three songwriting members of the band were providing.
- Written by Fetty Wap and produced by Tony Fadd of RGF Productions, "Trap Queen" is a melodic lo-fi hip hop, trap, and R&B song.
- Co-written by Fred Smith and Cliff Goldsmith, "Western Movies" made it to No. 8 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Songwriter