Ethnic groups similar to or like South Asian Canadians
South Asian Canadians ; ; are Canadians who were either born in or can trace their ancestry to South Asia, which includes the nations of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Nepal and the Maldives. Wikipedia
South Asian ethnic groups are ethnolinguistic composition of the diverse population of South Asia, including the nations of India, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, the Maldives and Sri Lanka. Afghans, however, are generally not included among South Asian ethnic groups Wikipedia
Middle Eastern Canadians are Canadians with ancestry, origins, or citizenship from the Middle East, which includes Western Asia and North Africa. Individuals from the Middle East first arrived in Canada in 1882, when a group of Lebanese immigrants settled in Montreal. Wikipedia
Sentences forSouth Asian Canadians
- More recent sources of immigrants with large or growing communities in Ontario include South Asians, Caribbeans, Latin Americans, Europeans, Asians, and Africans.
- The five largest pan-ethnic groups in the province are Europeans (64%), East Asians (15%), South Asians (8%), Aboriginals (6%) and Southeast Asians (4%).
- There is also a large population of South Asians totaling 8.6% of the population and Black Canadians totaling 8.0% of the population.
- Black Canadians form the third-largest visible minority group in Canada, after South Asian and Chinese Canadians.
- Visible minorities representing over 0.5% of the population include: 0.9% South Asian, 0.9% Black, and 0.6% Chinese.
- The largest visible minority groups in Brandon are Latin American (5.0%), Chinese (3.8%), South Asian (3.0%), Black (2.1%) and Filipino (1.1%).
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: South Asian Canadians