Former countries similar to or like Soviet Union
Federal socialist state in Northern Eurasia that existed from 1922 to 1991. Wikipedia
Independent socialist state from 1917 to 1922, and afterwards the largest and most populous of the Soviet socialist republics of the Soviet Union (USSR) from 1922 to 1991, until becoming a sovereign part of the Soviet Union with priority of Russian laws over Union-level legislation in 1990 and 1991, the last two years of the existence of the USSR. Composed of sixteen smaller constituent units of autonomous republics, five autonomous oblasts, ten autonomous okrugs, six krais and forty oblasts. Wikipedia
Country in Southeast and Central Europe that existed from its foundation in the aftermath of World War II until its dissolution in 1992 amid the Yugoslav Wars. Area of 255,804 km2 , the SFRY was bordered by the Adriatic Sea and Italy to the west, Austria and Hungary to the north, Bulgaria and Romania to the east, and Albania and Greece to the south. Wikipedia
Sentences forSoviet Union
- After the Communists came to power in 1949, efforts were made to organize science and technology based on the model of the Soviet Union, in which scientific research was part of central planning.
- After the war, freedom of religion was severely restricted in the Communist countries newly aligned with the Soviet Union, several of which had large Catholic populations.
- The Latin script for Syriac was developed in the 1930s, following the state policy for minority languages of the Soviet Union, with some material published.
- In August 1939, Hitler's government negotiated the Molotov–Ribbentrop pact that divided Eastern Europe into German and Soviet spheres of influence.
- Russia became the Soviet Union and lost Finland, Estonia, Lithuania, and Latvia, which became independent countries.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Soviet Union