Broadcasting networks similar to or like Special Broadcasting Service
Hybrid-funded Australian public broadcasting radio, online and television network. Wikipedia
State network of PBS member television stations and NPR member radio stations serving the U.S. state of Georgia. Operated by the Georgia Public Telecommunications Commission, an agency of the Georgia state government which holds the licenses for most of the PBS and NPR member stations licensed in the state. Wikipedia
American commercial broadcast radio and television networks that is a subsidiary of the Disney Media Networks division of The Walt Disney Company. Headquartered in Burbank, California, on Riverside Drive, directly across the street from Walt Disney Studios and adjacent to the Roy E. Disney Animation Building. Wikipedia
American English-language commercial terrestrial radio and television network that is a flagship property of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast. Headquartered at 30 Rockefeller Plaza in New York City, with additional major offices near Los Angeles , Chicago (at the NBC Tower) and Philadelphia (at the Comcast Technology Center). Wikipedia
American English language commercial broadcast television and radio network that is a flagship property of CBS Corporation. Headquartered at the CBS Building in New York City with major production facilities and operations in New York City and Los Angeles (at CBS Television City and the CBS Studio Center). Wikipedia
National public-service broadcaster for the Flemish Region and Community of Belgium. Successor to the Nationaal Instituut voor de Radio-omroep , Belgische Radio- en Televisieomroep (BRT, 1960–1991), and Belgische Radio- en Televisieomroep Nederlandstalige Uitzendingen (BRTN, 1991–1998). Wikipedia
The state-owned public broadcaster for Greece from 4 May 2014 to 11 June 2015. Antonis Samaras's coalition government established NERIT to replace the Hellenic Broadcasting Corporation (ERT) in 2013: NERIT began broadcasting under their identity on 4 May 2014, replacing the transitional service Dimosia Tileorasi. Wikipedia
Abkhazia's public television and radio broadcaster, founded in 1976. Its sole TV channel, Apsua TV, started broadcasting on November 6, 1976. Wikipedia
American broadcast television network that is owned by Weigel Broadcasting. Marketed as "The Definitive Destination for Classic TV", the network airs a variety of classic television programs from the 1950s through the early 1990s, which are obtained primarily from the libraries of CBS Television Distribution and 20th Television. Wikipedia
Philippine free-to-air television network that is the flagship property of ABS-CBN Corporation, a company under the Lopez Group. Headquartered at the ABS-CBN Broadcasting Center in Quezon City, with additional offices and production facilities in 25 major cities including Baguio, Naga, Bacolod, Iloilo, Cebu, and Davao. Wikipedia
Canadian French-language free-to-air television network that is owned by Société Radio-Canada (known in English as the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation), the national public broadcaster. French-language counterpart of CBC Television, the broadcaster's English-language television network. Wikipedia
American public broadcaster and television program distributor. Nonprofit organization and the most prominent provider of educational television programming to public television stations in the United States, distributing series such as American Experience, America's Test Kitchen, Antiques Roadshow, Arthur, Barney & Friends, Clifford the Big Red Dog, Downton Abbey, Finding Your Roots, Frontline, The Magic School Bus, Masterpiece, Mister Rogers' Neighborhood, Nature, Nova, the PBS NewsHour, Sesame Street, Teletubbies, and This Old House. Wikipedia
Major national commercial broadcast television and radio network in the Philippines. Flagship property of publicly traded GMA Network Inc. Its first broadcast on television was on October 29, 1961, GMA Network is commonly signified to as the "Kapuso Network" in reference to the outline of the company’s logo. Wikipedia
Public service broadcaster in Kosovo RTK operates five channels and two radio stations broadcasting a diverse programming of news, entertainment and four 24-hour television services broadcasting on terrestrial and satellite networks. RTK replaced Radio Televizioni i Prishtinës (The Radio Television of Prishtina, RTP), which ceased to function on July 1990. Wikipedia
Network of public television and radio stations serving the U.S. state of New Jersey. Member of the Public Broadcasting Service for television and the National Public Radio (NPR) for radio, broadcasting their programming as well as producing and broadcasting their own programming, mostly relating to issues in New Jersey. Wikipedia
Sentences forSpecial Broadcasting Service
- Australia has two public broadcasters (the Australian Broadcasting Corporation and the multicultural Special Broadcasting Service), three commercial television networks, several pay-TV services, and numerous public, non-profit television and radio stations.
- As of 2019, the Seven Network is the second-highest rated television network and primary channel in Australia, behind the Nine Network and ahead of Network 10, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation and Special Broadcasting Service.
- Six free-to-air television stations service Greater Melbourne and Geelong: ABC Victoria, (ABV), SBS Victoria (SBS), Seven Melbourne (HSV), Nine Melbourne (GTV), Ten Melbourne (ATV), C31 Melbourne (MGV) – community television.
- SBS broadcasts its national radio network.
- The two government-funded stations are run by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC South Australia) and the Special Broadcasting Service (SBS).
- Both sets of commercial stations are available throughout the Gold Coast, as well as the ABC and SBS television services.
- With the invitation of Australia to participate since 2015, it was announced that due to the logistical and financial issues that would occur if Australia were to host, in the event of an Australian victory, the broadcaster SBS will co-host the next contest in a European city in collaboration with an EBU Member Broadcaster of their choice.
- The live telecast of the XXIX Olympiad was shared by both the Seven Network and SBS Television.
- Verbeek received heavy criticism for his tactics, with SBS (Australia's World Cup broadcaster) chief soccer analyst Craig Foster calling for his immediate sacking.
- The multicultural Special Broadcasting Service (SBS), another public broadcaster, now accepts limited sponsorship and advertising.
- The three commercial stations, Seven, Nine, and Ten, are accompanied by two government networks, ABC and SBS, with all five providing digital television.
- SBS (100.9FM) also broadcasts its national radio network to Darwin.
- Fraser established the multicultural broadcaster SBS, accepted Vietnamese refugees, opposed minority white rule in Apartheid South Africa and Rhodesia and opposed Soviet expansionism.
- Nine's offices and news studios are based in Willoughby, Ten and Seven are based in Pyrmont, Seven has a news studio in the Sydney CBD in Martin Place the Australian Broadcasting Corporation is located in Ultimo, and the Special Broadcasting Service is based in Artarmon.
- The two Government owned national broadcast services in Darwin are the ABC and SBS.
- As of 2019, the Nine Network is the highest-rating television network in Australia, ahead of Network 10, the Seven Network, ABC, and SBS.
- The two national public broadcasters, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) and Special Broadcasting Service (SBS), own and operate all of their local stations.
- Previous coverage has been provided by ABC (Asian Cup Finals matches only), SBS until 2016 and Nine on its 9Go! channel from 2016 to 2017.
- Shows aired at that time were Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Sealab 2021, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law (which also aired on SBS), Tom Goes to the Mayor, Home Movies, The Venture Bros., and before its closure, Squidbillies.
- The ABC and SBS use the same prefix in all areas.
- In common with other English-speaking countries, there has traditionally been little dubbing in Australia, with foreign language television programmes and films being shown (usually on SBS) with subtitles or English dubs produced in other countries.
- Tasmania has five broadcast television stations which produce local content including ABC Tasmania, Seven Tasmania – an affiliate of Seven Network, WIN Television Tasmania – an affiliate of Ten Network, Nine Tasmania – an affiliate of the Nine Network (joint owned by WIN and Southern Cross), and SBS.
- Geelong is part of the Melbourne television licence area, and receives all of the free-to-air stations from Melbourne, including ABC, SBS, Seven, Nine, Ten, and the community channel C31.
- The 2009 Scottish League Cup Final was shown live on SBS due to a fixture clash on previous hosts' Setanta channel.
- Australia has two national public networks, ABC Television and SBS.
- On 19 November 2012, free-to-air Australian public broadcasting television network SBS secured the shared rights, alongside long-time A-League broadcasters Fox Sports, to the A-League from the 2013–14 season with a A$160 million four-year broadcast deal.
- Cairns is served by five television stations, three commercial television stations (WIN Television, Seven Queensland and Southern Cross Nine) which are regional affiliates of the three Australian commercial television networks (Ten, Seven and Nine), and public broadcasters the ABC and SBS services.
- Because of closure of United Kingdom airspace as a result of the Iceland volcanic eruption, potential expat voters in New Zealand were denied a vote when postal voting papers arrived too late to be returned to the UK, although Australian broadcaster SBS suggested that given the extremely tight timetabling of overseas votes, there is very little chance that voting papers [for voters outside Europe] will be received, let alone returned, in time to be counted.
- Southern Cross in conjunction with Nine News produces a 1-hour local news bulletin from its Melbourne studios combining regional, national and international news, screening Monday to Friday nights at 6:00 p.m. In addition to commercial television services, Ballarat receives Government ABC (ABC1, ABC2, ABC3, ABC News 24) and SBS (SBS One and Two) television services.
- Along with the rest of the state, the city has four free-to-air television stations, including two government funded channels from the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC), the Special Broadcasting Service (SBS) and two commercial stations; (Southern Cross Seven (7HD) & WIN (HD) These services are available in digital format as well as eleven digital-only stations, one carrying Nine Network programming (Tasmanian Digital Television (HD), and nationwide digital-only stations ABC Comedy/ABC Kids, ABC ME and ABC News (ABC), SBS Viceland and SBS Food (on SBS), 7Two and 7mate (on SC Seven), 9Gem and 9Go! (on TDT), and WIN Bold and WIN Peach (on WIN).
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Special Broadcasting Service