Topics similar to or like Speedweeks
Series of racing events that take place during January and February at Daytona International Speedway. Wikipedia
The first race of the 2007 NASCAR Nextel Cup Series season, taking place on February 18, 2007, at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Florida. Kevin Harvick won the race by 0.02 second over Mark Martin in the closest finish since the first race at Daytona International Speedway when it took three days to declare Lee Petty the winner in 1959. Wikipedia
- Since its inception, due to its prestige and prominent position on the Speedweeks calendar, the race has long attracted NASCAR Cup Series regulars.
- After years of extramarital affairs and excessive drinking, he was returning from Speedweeks when he discovered that his third wife had left him.
- He once again came close to a win at the Daytona 500 and dominated Speedweeks before finishing second to Dale Jarrett on a last-lap pass.
- Since its inception, it has been held on the last weekend of January or first weekend of February as part of Speedweeks, and it is the first major automobile race of the year in the United States.
- The series became a part of Daytona Speedweeks in 1964 at the request of Bill France, allowing the series to open its season alongside the Daytona 500.
- Gordon was docked 100 driver and owner points as a result of rule infractions during Speedweeks of 2008 at Daytona.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Speedweeks