Video game series similar to or like Spyro
Series of platform video games which feature the protagonist Spyro, a dragon. Wikipedia
Sony has released a number of previously released PlayStation video games, remastered in high-definition (HD) for their newer consoles, a form of porting. A number of related programs exist, the most prominent two being "Classics HD" (also known as "HD Collection") and "PSP Remasters". Wikipedia
Software label which publishes games from indie developers. Founded in 1980 by Ken and Roberta Williams, it developed and published a large variety of video games, including a number of best-selling games and series, for various platforms between 1980 and 2008. Wikipedia
There are numerous video games featuring the popular Marvel Comics superhero Spider-Man that have been released. To date, Spider-Man has made appearances on over 15 gaming platforms, which also includes mobile games on mobile phones operating systems like Android and iOS. Wikipedia
Video game series created by Andy Gavin and Jason Rubin. Published by Activision, Sierra Entertainment, Vivendi Universal Games, Konami, Universal Interactive Studios, and Sony Computer Entertainment, with entries developed by Polarbit, Radical Entertainment, Vicarious Visions, Traveller's Tales, Eurocom, and Naughty Dog. Wikipedia
The Powerpuff Girls video games are a series of action and platformer games based on Cartoon Network's cartoon series, The Powerpuff Girls. They were published by BAM! Entertainment and distributed by Cartoon Network Interactive and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Wikipedia
The following video games are noted for their negative reception. They include games that won ironic and humorous awards (such as Golden Mullet Awards), games that have been listed as the "worst" by major video gaming publications or websites, games that have received low review scores from such publications (often determined by low aggregate scores on sites such as Metacritic), and games that have been recognized to be poorly received by players. Wikipedia
Toys-to-life action video game series published by Activision. A spin-off of the Spyro series, Skylanders games are played by placing character figures called the Skylanders on the "Portal of Power", a device that reads the figures' tags through NFC and "imports" the character represented by the figure into the game as a playable character. Wikipedia
- Jarvis has also performed voiceovers for video games, beginning in 2007 as the role of The Chronicler in the Spyro the Dragon video game series.
- Portals are used frequently throughout the Spyro (series), with each individual level, or world, separated by portals, allowing for loading screens which do not damage the game's immersion.
- Vicarious Visions's fourth and final game was Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage for the Game Boy Advance, a crossover with the Spyro franchise and companion game to Spyro Orange: The Cortex Conspiracy.
- He is also known for composing soundtracks for the Spyro video game series.
- In Spyro the first 3 games had a place called a "home world" that was like an over world.
- A spin-off of the Spyro series, Skylanders games are played by placing character figures called the Skylanders on the "Portal of Power", a device that reads the figures' tags through NFC and "imports" the character represented by the figure into the game as a playable character.
- On a similar note, a Spyro the Dragon fangame, Spyro: Myths Awaken, was shut down by Activision (the current owners of the Spyro IP) in September 2018.
- While Nintendo passed on the exclusivity deal, the franchise itself quickly became one of Activison's most successful franchises upon its launch as a spin-off of the Spyro the Dragon series, and also resulted in competition from Disney Interactive Studios, who released a game with a similar concept known as Disney Infinity in 2013.
- He also gave a voice sample for a character in the 2011 Spyro game, Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure.
- She is also known for being the voice of Spyro the Dragon in the Spyro video games, which she retired from in 2000.
- It was the first game in what would go on to become an expansive video game series, spawning two more platforming sequels for the PlayStation – Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! and Spyro: Year of the Dragon – released in 1999 and 2000, respectively.
- Toys for Bob was given the opportunity to revive a Vivendi franchise, and they chose the Spyro the Dragon franchise.
- Among major intellectual properties produced by Activision-Blizzard includes Call of Duty, Guitar Hero, Tony Hawk's, and Spyro/Skylanders through Activision's studios, World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, and Overwatch through Blizzard Entertainment, and mobile titles including Candy Crush Saga through King.
- Krome Studios is best known for their Ty the Tasmanian Tiger games and for their reboot of the Spyro the Dragon franchise.
- Throughout 2005 and 2006, Vivendi acquired several game development studios including Massive Entertainment, High Moon Studios, Radical Entertainment, Secret Lair Studios / Studio Ch'in (based in Seattle and Shanghai) and Swordfish Studios and integrated them into Sierra, alongside the creative licenses from other Vivendi divisions and from companies partnered with Vivendi and the copyrights of several notable intellectual properties, such as Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, 50 Cent: Bulletproof and Scarface.
- Aside from writing on the original series, Burns also wrote the script for the Futurama video game and one of the Spyro games.
- Year of the Dragon is the third installment in the Spyro series.
- He is well known for his voice-work in the animated series American Dad!, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Celebrity Deathmatch, Family Guy, Harvey Beaks and Invader Zim and the video games Battlefield 3, Destroy All Humans!, Mafia II, Psychonauts, Ratchet: Deadlocked, Scarface: The World Is Yours, Skylanders and Spyro.
- Greggory Berger (born December 10, 1950) is an American singer and voice actor, known for his roles as Jecht from Final Fantasy X and the Dissidia Final Fantasy games, Grimlock from The Transformers, Mysterio and Kraven the Hunter from Spider-Man, Odie from various Garfield animated media, Cornfed Pig from Duckman, Bill Licking from The Angry Beavers, Agent Kay from Men in Black: The Series, The Gromble from Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, Captain Blue from Viewtiful Joe, Eeyore from Kingdom Hearts II, Hunter the Cheetah and Ripto from Spyro The Dragon, as well as The Thing, Galactus, and Attuma from Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.
- The game's humor was inspired by Insomniac's own game series Ratchet & Clank and Spyro the Dragon.
- Series with new installments in 2018 included Anno, Assassin's Creed, Battlefield, Bayonetta, Bit.Trip, BlazBlue, Bomberman, Call of Duty, Darksiders, Digimon, Donkey Kong, Dragon Ball, Dynasty Warriors, Earth Defense Force, Fallout, Far Cry, Forza, God of War, Hitman, Just Cause, Kirby, Mario Party, Mario Tennis, Mega Man, Monster Hunter, Ni no Kuni, Persona, Pillars of Eternity, Pokémon, Red Dead, Sakura Wars, Science Adventure, Shantae, Soulcalibur, Spider-Man, Spyro, State of Decay, Super Smash Bros., The Bard's Tale, The Crew, The Walking Dead, Tomb Raider, Tropico, Valkyria Chronicles, Warhammer, and Wolfenstein
- Popular notable video games of the 1990s include: Metal Gear Solid, Super Mario World, Doom (1993 video game), Donkey Kong Country, Pokémon Red and Blue Versions, Pokémon Yellow Version, GoldenEye 007, Super Mario 64, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Gran Turismo, Mario Kart 64, Half-Life, Super Mario Kart, Star Fox series, Tomb Raider series, Final Fantasy, Sonic the Hedgehog series, Crash Bandicoot series, Resident Evil series, Street Fighter II, Spyro the Dragon series, Commander Keen series, Test Drive series, Monkey Island series, Dune series, Mortal Kombat series, Warcraft series, Duke Nukem 3D, Tekken series, EarthBound, Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game, and StarCraft.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Spyro