Unesco world heritage sites similar to or like St Augustine's Abbey
Benedictine monastery in Canterbury, Kent, England. Wikipedia
Sentences forSt Augustine's Abbey
- The context of the event was a dispute between Christchurch and St Augustine's Abbey, which took over the local toll in the name of the king.
- Charles and Henrietta Maria spent their first night together at the royal palace of St. Augustine's, Canterbury, Kent, on 13 June 1625.
- Founded in 597 AD by Augustine, it forms a World Heritage Site, along with the Saxon St. Martin's Church and the ruins of St Augustine's Abbey.
- One of Bede's correspondents was Albinus, abbot of the monastery of St. Peter and St. Paul (subsequently renamed St. Augustine's) in Canterbury.
- Soon after his arrival, Augustine founded the monastery of Saints Peter and Paul, which later became St Augustine's Abbey, on land donated by the king.
- At one point this manuscript was at St Augustine's Abbey, Canterbury.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: St Augustine's Abbey