Films similar to or like Star Wars: The Force Awakens
2015 American epic space opera film produced, co-written, and directed by J. J. Abrams. Wikipedia
2015 epic space opera film directed, co-produced, and co-written by J. J. Abrams. The seventh installment in the main Star Wars film series, and first of three in Star Wars sequel trilogy, it stars Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong'o, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, and Max von Sydow. Wikipedia
First set of three films produced in the Star Wars franchise, an American space opera created by George Lucas. Produced by Lucasfilm and distributed by 20th Century Fox, and consists of the original Star Wars film , The Empire Strikes Back (1980) and Return of the Jedi (1983). Wikipedia
1977 American epic space-opera film written and directed by George Lucas, produced by Lucasfilm and distributed by 20th Century Fox. It stars Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Peter Cushing, Alec Guinness, David Prowse, James Earl Jones, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker and Peter Mayhew. Wikipedia
American epic space opera media franchise created by George Lucas, which began with the eponymous 1977 film and quickly became a worldwide pop-culture phenomenon. All-encompassing fictional universe. Wikipedia
Media franchise and shared fictional universe that is the setting of science fiction films produced by Lucasfilm, based on characters created by George Lucas. The Skywalker Saga of the franchise includes nine films, featuring three trilogies; the original trilogy, the prequel trilogy, and the sequel trilogy. Wikipedia
1999 American epic space-opera film written and directed by George Lucas, produced by Lucasfilm, distributed by 20th Century Fox and stars Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, Jake Lloyd, Ian McDiarmid, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, Pernilla August, and Frank Oz. First installment in the Star Wars prequel trilogy and begins the "Skywalker saga," though it was the fourth film to be produced chronologically. Wikipedia
The 42nd Saturn Awards, honoring the best in science fiction, fantasy, horror and other genres in film, television, home media releases, and theatre in 2015 and early 2016, were held June 22, 2016, in Burbank, California. The awards were presented by the Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror Films, and hosted by actor John Barrowman. Wikipedia
Disney/Lucasfilm publishing initiative that connects the Star Wars sequel films with previous film installments in the franchise. It currently includes the initiatives "Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens" and "Journey to Star Wars: The Last Jedi", and "Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker". Wikipedia
2009 American science fiction action film directed by J. J. Abrams and written by Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman. Eleventh film in the Star Trek franchise, and is also a reboot that features the main characters of the original Star Trek television series portrayed by a new cast, as the first in the rebooted film series. Wikipedia
Sentences forStar Wars: The Force Awakens
- Disney announced an intent to leverage the Star Wars franchise across its divisions, and planned to produce a seventh installment in the main film franchise for release in 2015.
- The surge was partly attributed to EA's then-highly anticipated Star Wars Battlefront reboot, which released one month before Star Wars: The Force Awakens, also highly anticipated.
- Ford reprised the role of Han Solo in the long-awaited Star Wars sequel Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015), which became massively successful like its predecessors.
- Despite mixed reviews from critics and fans, The Phantom Menace was an enormous box-office success and remained the most financially successful Star Wars film unadjusted for inflation until Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015).
- It was the fastest film to make $1 billion at the worldwide box office, doing so in 11 days to eclipse Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015) record of 12 days.
- The company also announced the future release of new Star Wars films, starting with Episode VII: The Force Awakens in 2015.
- In 2016, Ex Machina won the Academy Award for Visual Effects in a surprising upset over the much higher-budget Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015).
- Digitally altered archival audio of Guinness's voice was used in the films Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015) and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019).
- However, the 3D re-releases of Episodes II–VI were postponed or canceled after Lucasfilm was bought by The Walt Disney Company, who decided to focus on the development of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Attack of the Clones was originally scheduled to be re-released in 3D on September 20, 2013, but was postponed due to Lucasfilm's desire to focus on Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- In 2015, Williams scored Star Wars: The Force Awakens, earning him his 50th Academy Award nomination.
- Smith had a voice cameo in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and an on-screen cameo in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
- He is referenced in both The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, and makes vocal cameos as both Vader and Anakin in The Rise of Skywalker.
- In the first installment of the sequel trilogy, The Force Awakens (2015), the opening crawl reveals that Luke Skywalker had mysteriously vanished some time in the thirty years after the destruction of the second Death Star.
- These include the highest-grossing film worldwide (Avengers: Endgame) and in North America (Star Wars: The Force Awakens).
- In late 2015, Exo officially endorsed Star Wars: The Force Awakens with the release of a collaboration film that featured "the nine Exo members in a Star Wars-inspired world where clubs are 'Jedi Only' and they carry lightsabers", according to Billboard.
- In a March 2013 interview following the announcement that a new trilogy of films would be produced, Fisher confirmed that she would reprise her role as Princess Leia in Episode VII of the Star Wars series.
- Five days later, Exo released a special single titled "Lightsaber" to promote the movie Star Wars: The Force Awakens ahead of its release in South Korea, as part of a collaboration between SM Entertainment and Walt Disney.
- It also became the fifth film to surpass this threshold (after Avatar, Titanic (1997), Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015), and Infinity War), and the second film to surpass the threshold of $2.5billion, doing so in just 20 days, outpacing Avatars record of 72 days.
- However, on January 28, 2013, Lucasfilm announced that it was postponing the 3D release of episodes II and III in order to "focus 100 percent of our efforts on Star Wars: The Force Awakens" and that further information about 3D release plans would be issued at a later date.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens grossed over $2 billion, the third film to surpass that milestone, and the third highest-grossing film of all time.
- The Phantom Menace was the final Star Wars film to be shot on 35mm film until Episode VII (Star Wars: The Force Awakens).
- Fisher appeared in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker through the use of unreleased footage from Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- After Lucas sold Lucasfilm to Disney, Williams stayed on board with the franchise, and continued to score the remaining three films of the "Skywalker saga" (The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi, and The Rise of Skywalker), after which he announced his "retirement" from the series.
- He made an uncredited cameo appearance as a stormtrooper in the 2015 film Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Star Wars: The Force Awakens