Films similar to or like Star Wars (film)
1977 American epic space-opera film written and directed by George Lucas, produced by Lucasfilm and distributed by 20th Century Fox. Wikipedia
First set of three films produced in the Star Wars franchise, an American space opera created by George Lucas. Produced by Lucasfilm and distributed by 20th Century Fox, and consists of the original Star Wars film , The Empire Strikes Back (1980) and Return of the Jedi (1983). Wikipedia
Sentences forStar Wars (film)
- Inspired by the popularity of Star Wars, Disney produced the science-fiction adventure The Black Hole in 1979; it cost $20 million to make, but was lost in Star Wars' wake.
- Although the format had since declined, director George Lucas specifically requested that the CinemaScope version of the fanfare be used for the opening titles of Star Wars (1977).
- However, with 1977's release of Star Wars, Paramount decided not to compete in the science fiction movie category and shifted their efforts to a new Star Trek television series.
- 20th Century-Fox's success reached new heights by backing the most profitable film made up to that time, Star Wars (1977).
- The massive worldwide box office success of Star Wars in mid-1977 sent Hollywood studios to their vaults in search of similar sci-fi properties that could be adapted or re-launched to the big screen.
- Although the project was proposed to the band as a cross between A Hard Day's Night and Star Wars, the final result fell far short of those expectations.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Star Wars (film)