Subdivision types similar to or like States and union territories of India
Federal union comprising 28 states and 8 union territories, for a total of 36 entities. Wikipedia
The Federal Republic of Germany, as a federal state, consists of sixteen partly sovereign federated states (Land (state), plural Länder (states); commonly informally Bundesland / federated state, plural Bundesländer / federated states). Formed from an earlier collection of several states , it has a federal constitution, and the constituent states retain a measure of sovereignty. Wikipedia
The federative units of Brazil (unidades federativas do Brasil) are subnational entities with a certain degree of autonomy (self-government, self-regulation and self-collection) and endowed with their own government and constitution, which together form the Federative Republic of Brazil. There are 26 states (estados) and one federal district (distrito federal). Wikipedia
The states and territories of Australia are the second level of government division in Australia, between the federal government and local governments. States and territories are self-administered regions with a local legislature, police force and certain civil authorities, and are represented in the Parliament of Australia. Wikipedia
Federation made up of twenty-three states , a Capital District (Distrito Capital) and the Federal Dependencies (Dependencias Federales), which consist of many islands and islets on the Caribbean Sea. Venezuela also claims the Guayana Esequiba territory which comprises six districts in the independent nation of Guyana. Wikipedia
Subdivided into twenty-three provinces and one autonomous city (ciudad autónoma), Buenos Aires, which is the federal capital of the nation (Capital Federal) as decided by Congress. The provinces and the capital have their own constitutions, but exist under a federal system. Wikipedia
The Republics of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics or the Union Republics were ethnically based administrative units of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR). Created by the treaty between the soviet socialist republics of Belarus, Russia, Transcaucasia and Ukraine, by which they became its constituent republics. Wikipedia
The political divisions of Bosnia and Herzegovina were created by the Dayton Agreement, which recognized a second tier of government in Bosnia and Herzegovina, comprising two entities: the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (FBiH), with mostly Bosniaks and Croats, and the Republika Srpska (RS) with mostly Serbs – each governing roughly one half of the state's territory. The Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina itself has a federal structure and consists of 10 autonomous cantons. Wikipedia
The federal subjects of Russia, also referred to as the subjects of the Russian Federation (субъекты Российской Федерации) or simply as the subjects of the federation (субъекты федерации), are the constituent entities of Russia, its top-level political divisions according to the Constitution of Russia. Since March 18, 2014, the Russian Federation constitutionally consists of 85 federal subjects. Wikipedia
The Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, one of the two political entities of Bosnia and Herzegovina, consists of ten units called cantons. The cantons were established by the Law on Federal Units (Cantons) on 12 June 1996. Wikipedia
The Eurasian Economic Union (EEU) currently comprises 5 member states, which are party to the founding treaties of the EEU and thereby subject to the privileges and obligations of membership. The constituent states of the EEU are placed under binding laws and have equal representation within the EEU's executive and judicial bodies. Wikipedia
The provinces and territories of Canada are sub-national divisions within the geographical areas of Canada under the jurisdiction of the Canadian Constitution. In the 1867 Canadian Confederation, three provinces of British North America—New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and the Province of Canada (which upon Confederation was divided into Ontario and Quebec)—were united to form a federated colony, becoming a sovereign nation in the next century. Wikipedia
The 26 cantons of Switzerland (Kanton; canton; cantone; Sursilvan and Surmiran: cantun; Vallader and Puter: Chantun; Sutsilvan: cantùn; Rumantsch Grischun: chantun) are the member states of the Swiss Confederation. The nucleus of the Swiss Confederacy in the form of the first three confederate allies used to be referred to as the Waldstätte. Wikipedia
The United States Virgin Islands (pop. 106,405 ) are administratively divided into two districts, which are divided into 20 subdistricts. Wikipedia
Divided into 36 districts and nine divisions. Overview of the recent history of districts in Punjab, a map showing each district, the divisions of Punjab and their districts, and a list showing each district's name, the division the district belongs to, the district's area, the location of the district's headquarters, the district's population and population density , the average annual population growth rate of each district (between 1998 and 2017), and a map showing each district's location. Wikipedia
The Indian state of Kerala borders with the states of Tamil Nadu on the south and east, Karnataka on the north and the Lakshadweep Sea coastline on the west. Almost continuous mountain wall, except near Palakkad where there is a natural mountain pass known as the Palakkad Gap. Wikipedia
Sentences forStates and union territories of India
- 48.4 per cent of the state's population lives in urban areas, the third-highest percentage among large states in India.
- India is a federal union comprising 28 states and 8 union territories (listed below as 1–28 and A–H, respectively).
- A district (zilā) is an administrative division of an Indian state or territory.
- Kerala is one of the first states in India to form a welfare policy for the transgender community.
- The party during the post-independence era has governed most of the States and union territories of India.
- Tamil Nadu is a state in southern India.
- Tamil Nadu is one of the most literate states in India.
- Bengali is a second official language of the Indian state of Jharkhand since September 2011.
- Kolkata ( or, , also rendered Calcutta , the official name until 2001) is the capital of the Indian state of West Bengal.
- It stands alongside Hindi and Bengali as one of the few languages with primary official language status in more than one Indian state.
- West Bengal is a state in the eastern region of India along the Bay of Bengal.
- 590–647) ruled the northern parts of the state.
- Haryana is a state in India located in the northern part of the country.
- Uttar Pradesh (translation: "Northern Province") is a state in northern India.
- Andhra Pradesh (English: Telugu: ) is a state in the south-eastern coastal region of India.
- In 2008, the Persian Gulf countries together had a Keralite population of more than 2.5 million, who sent home annually a sum of US$6.81 billion, which is the highest among Indian states and more than 15.13% of remittances to India in 2008.
- Odisha ( English :, ), formerly Orissa , is an Indian state located in Eastern India.
- Jharkhand (meaning "The land of forests") is a state in eastern India.
- Punjab is a state in northern India.
- Ahmedabad (Gujarati: Amdavad, ) is the largest city and former capital of the Indian state of Gujarat.
- Himachal Pradesh ( "snow-laden province") is a state in the northern part of India.
- It currently has a sanctioned strength of 245 members, of which 233 are elected from States and Union Territories and 12 are nominated by the President.
- Of the two houses of parliament, the Rajya Sabha is considered to be the upper house or the Council of States and consists of members appointed by the president and elected by the state and territorial legislatures.
- The Government of India (ISO: Bhārat Sarkār), often abbreviated as GoI, is the union government created by the constitution of India as the legislative, executive and judicial authority of the union of twenty eight states and eight union territories of a constitutionally democratic republic.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: States and union territories of India