Subdivision types similar to or like States and union territories of India
Federal union comprising 28 states and 8 union territories, for a total of 36 entities. Wikipedia
The Federal Republic of Germany, as a federal state, consists of sixteen partly sovereign federated states (Land (state), plural Länder (states); commonly informally Bundesland / federated state, plural Bundesländer / federated states). Formed from an earlier collection of several states , it has a federal constitution, and the constituent states retain a measure of sovereignty. Wikipedia
The federative units of Brazil (unidades federativas do Brasil) are subnational entities with a certain degree of autonomy (self-government, self-regulation and self-collection) and endowed with their own government and constitution, which together form the Federative Republic of Brazil. There are 26 states (estados) and one federal district (distrito federal). Wikipedia
Sentences forStates and union territories of India
- 48.4 per cent of the state's population lives in urban areas, the third-highest percentage among large states in India.
- India is a federal union comprising 28 states and 8 union territories (listed below as 1–28 and A–H, respectively).
- A district (zilā) is an administrative division of an Indian state or territory.
- Kerala is one of the first states in India to form a welfare policy for the transgender community.
- The party during the post-independence era has governed most of the States and union territories of India.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: States and union territories of India