Topics similar to or like States of Holland and West Friesland
The States of Holland and West Frisia (Staten van Holland en West-Friesland) were the representation of the two Estates (standen) (Nobility and Commons) to the court of the Count of Holland. Wikipedia
Confederation of seven provinces, which had their own governments and were very independent, and a number of so-called Generality Lands. These latter were governed directly by the States-General (Staten-Generaal in Dutch), the federal government. Wikipedia
West Friesland (also West Frisia; West-Friesland, West-Fryslân, West Frisian Dutch: Westfriesland)a contemporary region in the Northwest of the Netherlands, in the province of North Holland. Extension of the IJssel branch of the Rhine River. The river divides the northern Netherlands into two parts, the western and the eastern part. Wikipedia
Sentences forStates of Holland and West Friesland
- This was a significant decision since the Council dominated the States of Holland, the most powerful political body in the Dutch Republic which contributed nearly 60% of its budget.
- From then on, the executive and legislative power would again rest with the States of Holland and West Friesland, which were led by a political figure who held the office of Grand Pensionary.
- An early guilder, a 10.61-gram 0.910 silver coin, was minted by the States of Holland and West Friesland in 1680.
- Because the States of Holland and West Friesland knew that the Spanish army might attempt to conquer Breda, they left the city with enough food, supplies, and weapons for an eight-month siege.
- This venerable title (clearly chosen for sentimental reasons) had little connection with the former office of the States of Holland; as a matter of fact, the new office more resembled that of Stadtholder, though even William V, after 1787, had not possessed the powers Schimmelpenninck was to wield.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: States of Holland and West Friesland