Countries similar to or like Sultanate of Sulu
Muslim state that ruled the islands in the Sulu Archipelago, parts of Mindanao in today's Philippines, certain portions of Palawan and north-eastern Borneo (present-day the certain parts of Sabah and North Kalimantan). Wikipedia
Sentences forSultanate of Sulu
- In 1457, he founded the Sultanate of Sulu; he titled himself as "Paduka Maulana Mahasari Sharif Sultan Hashem Abu Bakr".
- The Philippines opposed the newly proposed federation, claiming the eastern part of North Borneo (today the Malaysian state of Sabah) as part of its territory as a former possession of the Sultanate of Sulu.
- In the Sultanate of Sulu, senior nobility and holders of royal offices that are granted the title of Datu Sadja are addressed as His/Her Excellency.
- In the last quarter of the 19th century, Spain conquered portions of Mindanao and Jolo, and the Moro Muslims in the Sultanate of Sulu formally recognized Spanish sovereignty.
- They became the dominant ethnic group after they were Islamized in the 14th century and established the Sultanate of Sulu in the 15th century.
- The Sulu region gained its own independence in 1578, forming their own sultanate known as the Sultanate of Sulu.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Sultanate of Sulu