National Register of Historic Places similar to or like Sun Studio
Recording studio opened by rock-and-roll pioneer Sam Phillips at 706 Union Avenue in Memphis, Tennessee, on January 3, 1950. Wikipedia
Dedicated to recording the history of some of the best-known and most influential musicians, bands, producers, and others that have in some major way influenced the music industry, particularly in the area of rock and roll. Originally, there were four categories of induction: performers, non-performers, early influences, and lifetime achievement. Wikipedia
Sentences forSun Studio
- Sam Phillips' Sun Studio, the most seminal recording studio in American popular music, still stands, and is open for tours.
- Carl Lee Perkins (April 9, 1932 – January 19, 1998) was an American singer-songwriter who recorded most notably at the Sun Studio, in Memphis, beginning in 1954.
- Recording at RCA Victor was a different experience for Presley and his band, who were used to a more relaxed atmosphere at Sun Studio.
- In early 1955, she and an aspiring singer, the 19-year-old Elvis Presley, then recording for Sun Studios and an avid fan of King's, shared a bill in a large club just outside Memphis.
- In July 1954, Elvis Presley recorded the regional hit "That's All Right" at Sam Phillips' Sun Studio in Memphis.
- Instead, Page was a fan of 1950s recording techniques, Sun Studio being a particular favourite.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Sun Studio