Racehorses similar to or like Sunday Silence
American-bred Thoroughbred racehorse and Sire. Wikipedia
American Champion Hall of Fame Thoroughbred racehorse known for earning American Champion Two-Year-Old Colt honors in 1988 and defeating 1989 American Horse of the Year Sunday Silence in the Belmont Stakes by eight lengths. Both horses were later voted into the American Hall of Fame. Wikipedia
American Thoroughbred race horse who won the Triple Crown in 1977 — the tenth of thirteen horses to accomplish the feat. One of two horses to have won the Triple Crown while having been undefeated in any previous race; the second was Justify, who won the Triple Crown in 2018 and who is descended from Seattle Slew. Wikipedia
American Thoroughbred racehorse, best known as the fourth winner of the American Triple Crown and Horse of the Year in 1937, and rival of Seabiscuit in the 'Match Race of the Century' in 1938. The leading sire in North America for 1945 and was also an outstanding broodmare sire whose influence is still felt today in descendants such as American Pharoah and Justify. Wikipedia
Sentences forSunday Silence
- Deep Impact won the 2006 running in the penultimate race of his career, helping the Sunday Silence colt to his second consecutive Horse of the Year award in Japan.
- Referencing another American racehorse that had a substantial impact on the Thoroughbred industry after selling to Japan, Duncan Taylor stated, "I'm hoping he's the next Sunday Silence."
- During 1995, Cigar set a single-season stakes-winning record for a North American-based Thoroughbred of $4,819,800, surpassing Sunday Silence's mark of $4,578,454.
- Deep Impact's sire Sunday Silence took over from perennial Japanese leading sire Northern Taste (10 time leading sire in Japan) and was leading sire in Japan 12 times.
- In the 1989 renewal, Sunday Silence and Easy Goer faced off for the last time in one of racing's most famous rivalries.
- Outcross bloodlines can still be found, most notably through Sunday Silence and the German-bred stallion Monsun.
- Jockey Patrick Valenzuela, who had ridden Arazi in his Breeders' Cup win and won the 1989 Derby aboard Sunday Silence said, "Arazi can do more (than Sunday Silence)."
- Halo was the sire of dual classic winner Sunday Silence, who then became the leading sire in Japan from 1995 through 2007.
- A street in unincorporated Prince William County, Virginia, intersecting a street named for fellow racehorse Sunday Silence, is named for him.
- The most expensive acquisition was War Emblem, which was bought for US$17 million in 2002 to replace Sunday Silence, which died suddenly that year of a heart attack (and whose offspring are most notable among the stable's horses today).
- Expected to follow in the footsteps of Shadai's great sires Northern Taste and Sunday Silence, War Emblem did not fulfill those expectations in the breeding shed.
- Previously, Charlie Whittingham held the record, training Sunday Silence to win the 1989 Kentucky Derby at age 76.
- He was sired by Sunday Silence, who won the 1989 Kentucky Derby, before retiring to stud in Japan where he was champion sire on thirteen consecutive occasions.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Sunday Silence