Topics similar to or like Superhero film
Film that is focused on the actions of one or more superheroes: individuals who usually possess extraordinary – generally superhuman – abilities relative to a normal person and are dedicated to protecting the public. Wikipedia
Genre of speculative fiction examining the adventures, personalities and ethics of costumed crime fighters known as superheroes, who often possess superhuman powers and battle similarly powered criminals known as supervillains. The genre primarily falls between hard fantasy and soft science fiction spectrum of scientific realism. Wikipedia
The year 1998 in film involved many significant films including; Shakespeare in Love (which won the Academy Award for Best Picture), Saving Private Ryan, American History X, The Truman Show, Primary Colors, 'Rushmore', Rush Hour, There's Something About Mary, The Big Lebowski, and Terrence Malick's directorial return in The Thin Red Line. Wikipedia
The year 1999 in film included Stanley Kubrick's final film Eyes Wide Shut, Pedro Almodóvar's first Oscar-winning film All About My Mother, the science-fiction hit The Matrix, the animated works Stuart Little, The Iron Giant, South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut and My Neighbors the Yamadas, the Best Picture-winner American Beauty, the well-received The Green Mile, the Pixar sequel film Toy Story 2, and the Deep Canvas-pioneering Disney animated feature Tarzan. Other noteworthy releases included Spike Jonze and Charlie Kaufman's breakout film Being John Malkovich and M. Night Shyamalan's breakout film The Sixth Sense, the controversial cult classic Fight Club and Paul Thomas Anderson's Magnolia. Wikipedia
Chronological list of action films originally released in the 2000s. Some films are of hybrid genres, including horror, comedy, and science fiction films; the list should attempt to document films which are more closely related to action, even if they bend genres. Wikipedia
The year 2001 in film involved some significant events, including the first installments of the Harry Potter, Fast & Furious and Shrek franchises, and The Lord of the Rings and Ocean's trilogies. Significant non-English language films released included Monsoon Wedding, Amélie and Spirited Away. Wikipedia
The year 1997 in film involved many significant films, including Titanic, The Full Monty, Gattaca, Donnie Brasco, Good Will Hunting, L.A. Confidential, The Fifth Element, Nil by Mouth, The Spanish Prisoner, and the beginning of the film studio DreamWorks. The top 10 films released in 1997 by worldwide gross are as follows: Wikipedia
Overview of events in 1988 in film, including the highest-grossing films, award ceremonies and festivals, a list of films released and notable deaths. Awarded the Academy Award for Best Picture, marking one of the few instances where the top-grossing film of the year was also the winner of such an Oscar award that year. Wikipedia
Artistic medium is not clearly defined, the commercial, public screening of ten of Lumière brothers' short films in Paris on 28 December 1895 can be regarded as the breakthrough of projected cinematographic motion pictures. There had been earlier cinematographic results and screenings by others, but they lacked either the quality, financial backing, stamina or the luck to find the momentum that propelled the cinématographe Lumière into a worldwide success. Wikipedia
Chronological list of action films originally released in the 2020s. Often there may be considerable overlap particularly between action and other genres (including, horror, comedy, and science fiction films); the list should attempt to document films which are more closely related to action, even if they bend genres. Wikipedia
American media franchise and shared universe centered on superhero films and other series starring various titular superheroes independently produced by Marvel Studios and based on characters that appear in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. Established by crossing over common plot elements, settings, cast, and characters. Wikipedia
Sentences forSuperhero film
- There is strong interest in the superhero genre, with nine films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe featuring among the nominal top-earners.
- He had a supporting role in a 2015 Chinese superhero parody film.
- Superhero (most notably the Marvel Cinematic Universe) and animated films became box office leaders in the decade's cinema industry.
- Upon arriving at Warner Bros. Studios, they encounter director Jade Wilson, who is responsible for all the Superhero films being made.
- Sky High is a 2005 American superhero comedy film about an airborne high school for teenage superheroes.
- Sailor Moon S: The Movie is a 1994 Japanese animated superhero fantasy film directed by Hiroki Shibata and written by Sukehiro Tomita.
- In 2013, he appeared in the superhero comedy film Kick Ass 2.
- In 2011, Time ranked the film at No. 4 in its list of top ten superhero movies of all time, describing it as one of the best superhero origin stories and as a "relatively quiet, subtle and realistic look at the pressures that come with being a superhero."
- The final version of Karas was more of a superhero action story, and originally intended for three leading heroes in the same vein as the Japanese period drama, Sanbiki ga Kiru!.
- It was also used in a scene in the 2019 superhero movie Spider-Man: Far From Home.
- Ben 10: Alien Swarm is a 2009 American superhero television film directed by Alex Winter.