Topics similar to or like Susan Huntington Gilbert Dickinson
Writer, poet, traveler, and editor, as well as the sister-in-law of the American poet Emily Dickinson. Wikipedia
Sentences forSusan Huntington Gilbert Dickinson
- During the 1850s, Emily's strongest and most affectionate relationship was with her sister-in-law, Susan Gilbert.
- At least eleven of Dickinson's poems were dedicated to sister-in-law Susan Huntington Gilbert Dickinson, though all the dedications were obliterated, presumably by Todd.
- Dickinson had left no instructions for her poems, however, and originally asked her sister-in-law Susan Dickinson to oversee their publication.
- During this period, she met people who were to become lifelong friends and correspondents, such as Abiah Root, Abby Wood, Jane Humphrey, and Susan Huntington Gilbert (who later married Emily's brother Austin).
- Dickinson married Susan Huntington Gilbert, a friend of his sister Emily from childhood, in 1856.
- She attended the Utica Female Seminary, where in 1848 she met Susan Gilbert, who married Emily Dickinson's brother Austin Dickinson.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Susan Huntington Gilbert Dickinson