Topics similar to or like Swiss Alps
The Alpine region of Switzerland, conventionally referred to as the Swiss Alps (Schweizer Alpen, Alpes suisses, Alpi svizzere, Alps svizras), represents a major natural feature of the country and is, along with the Swiss Plateau and the Swiss portion of the Jura Mountains, one of its three main physiographic regions. Wikipedia
This list tabulates all of the 82 official mountain summits of 4000 m or more in height in the Alps, as defined by the International Climbing and Mountaineering Federation (UIAA). All are located within France, Italy or Switzerland, and are often referred to by mountaineers as the Alpine four-thousanders. Wikipedia
Sentences forSwiss Alps
- The bank also maintains numerous underground bank vaults, bunkers, and storage facilities for gold bars around the Swiss Alps and internationally.
- The geographical location of these facilities are undisclosed to the public but are known to be present in the mountainous regions of the Swiss Alps.
- It is geographically divided among the Swiss Plateau, the Alps, and the Jura, spanning a total area of 41285 km2, and land area of 39997 km2.
- The core regions of the Alpine orogenic belt have been folded and fractured in such a manner that erosion created the characteristic steep vertical peaks of the Swiss Alps that rise seemingly straight out of the foreland areas.
- Lausanne boasts a dramatic panorama over the lake and the Alps.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Swiss Alps