Australian places similar to or like Sydney
Capital city of the state of New South Wales, and the most populous city in Australia and Oceania. Wikipedia
Story of the land and peoples of the continent of Australia. Aboriginal Australians first arrived on the Australian mainland by sea from Maritime Southeast Asia between 40,000 and 70,000 years ago, and penetrated to all parts of the continent, from the rainforests in the north, the deserts of the centre, and the sub-Antarctic islands of Tasmania and Bass Strait. Wikipedia
Timeline of the history of the city of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. 50,000–45,000 BP – Near Penrith, a far western suburb of Sydney, numerous Aboriginal stone tools were found in Cranebrook Terraces gravel sediments dating to this time period; at first when these results were new they were controversial. More recently in 1987 and 2003, dating of the same strata has revised and corroborated these dates. Wikipedia
The history of New South Wales refers to the history of the Australian state of New South Wales and the area's preceding Indigenous and British colonial societies. The Mungo Lake remains indicate occupation of parts of the New South Wales area by Indigenous Australians for at least 40,000 years. Wikipedia
Large region of the metropolitan area of Greater Sydney, New South Wales, Australia that generally embraces the north-west, south-west, central-west, and far western sub-regions within Sydney's metropolitan area and encompasses 13 local government areas: Blacktown, Canterbury-Bankstown, Camden, Campbelltown, Cumberland, Fairfield, Hawkesbury, Hills Shire, Liverpool, Parramatta, Penrith, Wollondilly and the western portion of the City of Parramatta Council. Region composed of ten local government authorities, most which are members of the Western Sydney Regional Organisation of Councils . Wikipedia
- Exponential growth ensued, and by 1865 Melbourne had overtaken Sydney as Australia's most populous city.
- In the case of Sydney, denial of access to grounds, the influence of university headmasters from Britain who favoured rugby, and the loss of players to other codes inhibited the game's growth.
- New South Wales' state capital is Sydney, which is also Australia's most populous city.
- In Sydney, BU has internship, management, film festival, travel writing, engineering, and School of Education programs that vary based on semester.
- Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, Melbourne was on track to overtake Sydney in population by 2028.
- To celebrate the annexation of Fiji, Hercules Robinson, who was Governor of New South Wales at the time, took Cakobau and his two sons to Sydney.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Sydney