Settlements similar to or like Sylhet
Metropolitan city in northeastern Bangladesh. Wikipedia
Geopolitical, cultural and historical region located in South Asia, specifically in the eastern part of the Indian subcontinent at the apex of the Bay of Bengal, of what is now considered as Bangladesh and West Bengal. Made up by the Ganges-Brahmaputra delta system, the largest such formation in the world; along with mountains in its north bordering the Himalayan states of Nepal and Bhutan and east bordering Burma. Wikipedia
- One of the notable Muslim preachers was Shah Jalal who arrived in the region of Sylhet in 1303 with many other disciples to preach the religion to the people.
- The mosque group was established as early as 1910, and the demand for a mosque grew as the Sylheti community grew rapidly over the years.
- In 1919, he was invited by the president and chairman of Anjuman-e-Islamia, Syed Abdul Majid to visit Sylhet for the first time.
- The city of Sylhet is its largest urban center, and the region is known for its unique language.
- Shah A M S Kibria, Hasina's former finance minister, was also killed that year (2004) in a grenade attack in Sylhet.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Sylhet