Countries similar to or like Taiwan
State in East Asia. Wikipedia
Transcontinental country in Eastern Europe and North Asia. At 17125200 km2, it is, by a considerable margin, the largest country in the world by area, covering more than one-eighth of the Earth's inhabited land area, and the ninth most populous, with about 146.79 million people, including Crimea. Wikipedia
Country in East Asia, constituting the southern part of the Korean Peninsula and sharing a land border with North Korea. Derived from Goguryeo which was one of the great powers in East Asia during its time, ruling most of the Korean Peninsula, Manchuria, parts of the Russian Far East and Inner Mongolia under Gwanggaeto the Great. Wikipedia
De jure sovereign state in Western Asia claiming the West Bank (bordering Israel and Jordan) and Gaza Strip (bordering Israel and Egypt) with East Jerusalem as the designated capital, although its administrative center is currently located in Ramallah. The entirety of territory claimed by the State of Palestine has been occupied by Israel since the Six-Day War in 1967. Wikipedia
Country in East Africa within the African Great Lakes region. It borders Uganda to the north; Kenya to the northeast; Comoro Islands at the Indian Ocean to the east; Mozambique and Malawi to the south; Zambia to the southwest; and Rwanda, Burundi, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo to the west. Wikipedia
Country in East Asia constituting the northern part of the Korean Peninsula, with Pyongyang as its capital and the largest city in the country. Bordered by China and by Russia along the Amnok and Tumen rivers and to the south it is bordered by South Korea, with the heavily fortified Korean Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) separating the two. Wikipedia
Country in Western Asia, located on the southeastern shore of the Mediterranean Sea and the northern shore of the Red Sea. It has land borders with Lebanon to the north, Syria to the northeast, Jordan on the east, the Palestinian territories of the West Bank and Gaza Strip to the east and west, respectively, and Egypt to the southwest. Wikipedia
- Communist forces were victorious and established the People's Republic of China on the mainland, while nationalist forces retreated to Taiwan in 1949.
- Most Indonesians descend from Austronesian-speaking peoples whose languages had origins in Proto-Austronesian, which possibly originated in what is now Taiwan.
- China considers Taiwan to be its 23rd province, although Taiwan is governed by the Republic of China (ROC), which rejects the PRC's claim.
- Since 1971, the Republic of China on Taiwan has been excluded from the UN and since then has always been rejected in new applications.
- In the Republic of China in Taiwan the mayor is the head of city's government and its city's council, which is in charge of legislative affairs.
- The Republic of Korea broke off official relations with the Republic of China (Taiwan) upon gaining official relations with the People's Republic of China, which does not recognise Taiwan's sovereignty.
- This speech is the basis for putonghua, the standard spoken language used in mainland China and Taiwan, and one of the four official languages of Singapore.
- In the 1980s, most of them were from Taiwan, but since the 1990s the majority of Chinese immigrants come from the continental province of Fujian.
- Beginning in November 1967, Taiwan secretly operated a cargo transport detachment to assist the United States and South Vietnam.
- Manufacturing in Asia has traditionally been strongest in East and Southeast Asia, particularly in China, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, India, the Philippines, and Singapore.
- Ever since its establishment after the second Chinese Civil War, the PRC has claimed the territories governed by the Republic of China (ROC), a separate political entity today commonly known as Taiwan, as a part of its territory.
- In time, Spanish fortifications were also set up in Taiwan and the Maluku islands.
- In the Republic of China (Taiwan), villages are divisions under townships or county-controlled cities.
- On 1 June 2007, Costa Rica broke diplomatic ties with Taiwan, switching recognition to the People's Republic of China.
- The Chinese population in the Seattle area has origins in mainland China, Hong Kong, Southeast Asia, and Taiwan.
- Having transferred power to Trần Văn Hương, he left for Taiwan on 25 April.
- Chiang and his KMT government retreated to the island of Taiwan.
- In southern Fujian and Taiwan, Nanyin or Nanguan is a genre of traditional ballads.
- New arrivals from Hong Kong, Taiwan and Korea gave a distinctive character to the areas where they clustered, while a range of other immigrants introduced mosques, Hindu temples, halal butchers and ethnic restaurants to the suburbs.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Taiwan