Topics similar to or like Talladega Superspeedway
Motorsports complex located north of Talladega, Alabama. Wikipedia
NASCAR Cup Series race held on October 4, 2020 at Talladega Superspeedway in Lincoln, Alabama. Overtime finish, on the 2.66 mile superspeedway, it was the 31st race of the 2020 NASCAR Cup Series season, the fifth race of the Playoffs, and the second race of the Round of 12. Wikipedia
Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race that was held on October 14, 2018, at Talladega Superspeedway in Lincoln, Alabama. Overtime finish, on the 2.66 mile superspeedway, it was the 31st race of the 2018 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series season, the fifth race of the Playoffs, and second race of the Round of 12. Wikipedia
NASCAR Winston Cup Series race that took place on May 4, 1986, at Alabama International Motor Speedway in Talladega, Alabama. Total earnings for each driver ranged from the winner's share of $77,905 ($0 with inflation) to the last-place finisher's share of $5,135 ($0 with inflation) out of a total purse of $499,905. Wikipedia
Sentences forTalladega Superspeedway
- ABC Sports aired partial or full live telecasts of Grand National races from Talladega, North Wilkesboro, Darlington, Charlotte, and Nashville in 1970.
- New Hampshire Motor Speedway, with 7 degrees of banking, has the flattest corners, while the steepest banking is Talladega Superspeedway's 33 degrees.
- It is one of the two tracks on the NASCAR Cup Series circuit that uses restrictor plates to slow the cars down due to the high speeds, the other being Talladega Superspeedway.
- Its appearance was often criticized, and it was accused of forcing cars to become airborne in high-speed spins such as the one experienced by Carl Edwards during the 2009 Aaron's 499 at Talladega Superspeedway.
- When the track opened it was the fastest race track to host a stock car race, until Talladega Superspeedway opened 10 years later.
- The next week, Gaughan was involved in a crash at Talladega that sent the 62 car spinning down pit road, injuring two crew members from Biagi-DenBeste Racing.
- Moneypenny subsequently patented his construction method and later designed Talladega Superspeedway and Michigan International Speedway.
- Though Hamlin returned to the car at Talladega Superspeedway, he never returned to form during the year, with only 8 top 10s on the year.
- Gordon's title defense in 1996 featured ten wins at Richmond, Darlington (sweeping the races), Bristol, Dover (winning both races), Pocono, Talladega, Martinsville, and North Wilkesboro (winning the final official NASCAR race at the track).
- Busch would be eliminated in the second round, after being swept up in a wreck at Talladega, and would finish tenth in points.
- The Talladega Superspeedway motorsports complex hosts a series of NASCAR events.
- Gordon returned to the broadcast booth for the Drive to Stop Diabetes 300 at Bristol Motor Speedway on April 18, and the Winn-Dixie 300 at Talladega Superspeedway on May 2.
- Cassill attempted three races (failing to qualify at Talladega) with two top ten starts but finishes of 38th at Kentucky and 32nd at Pocono.
- However, finishes of 37th and 32nd at Talladega Superspeedway and Kansas moved him toward the bottom of the point standings.
- In October, Earnhardt Jr. took his second restrictor plate win as he won the EA Sports 500 at Talladega, for which he also scored a Winston No Bull 5 $1 million bonus.
- The first was the Aaron's 499 at Talladega Superspeedway, where Johnson started on the outside pole, and tandem-drafted with Dale Earnhardt, Jr. for the entire race.
- On May 6, 2012, Johnson started 19th in the Aaron's 499 at Talladega, but finished 35th after suffering a broken oil pump belt on lap 62.
- Sadler was scheduled to run at Kansas Speedway, Talladega Superspeedway and a third unannounced race.
- In 2006, during the spring weekend at Talladega Superspeedway, Earnhardt and other DEI drivers drove with special black paint schemes on their cars, reminiscent of his late father's famous No. 3 paint scheme.
- As of the 2015 season, the series races on 20 tracks: one dirt track (Eldora), one road course (Canadian Tire Motorsport Park), two short tracks (Bristol and Martinsville), two superspeedways (Daytona and Talladega) and 14 intermediate ovals.
- He collected his third Top 10 of the season and his 8th at Talladega Superspeedway with his 7th-place performance in the 2007 Aaron's 499.
- Later that year, Harley-Davidson participated in a series of sound quality studies at Orfield Labs, based on recordings taken at the Talladega Superspeedway, with the objective to lower the sound level for EU standards while analytically capturing the "Harley Sound".
- Busch also won three Cup Series and eight Truck Series races in 2010, including a win at Talladega Superspeedway over Aric Almirola by 0.002 seconds, the closest finish in Camping World Truck Series history since the introduction of electronic scoring.
- Busch later went on to finish 24th at Richmond and then 37th at Talladega, he dominated the Southern 500 at Darlington after winning the previous night's Nationwide Series race before dropping back to sixth at the finish having suffered a cut tire.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Talladega Superspeedway