Settlements similar to or like Tamil Nadu
State in southern India. Wikipedia
Area encompassing the Indian states of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, and Telangana, Goa as well as the union territories of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, and Puducherry, comprising 19.31% of India's area . Bounded by the Bay of Bengal in the east, the Arabian Sea in the west and the Indian Ocean in the south. Wikipedia
The Tamil people, also known as Tamilar (தமிழர், in the singular or தமிழர்கள், in the plural) or simply Tamils, are a Dravidian ethno-linguistic group who trace their ancestry to the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu, Union territory of Puducherry or to Sri Lanka. Tamils constitute 5.9% of the population in India (concentrated mainly in Tamil Nadu), 15% in Sri Lanka, 6% in Mauritius, 7% in Malaysia and 5% in Singapore. Wikipedia
State on the southwestern coast of India within the region known as the Konkan, and geographically separated from the Deccan highlands by the Western Ghats. Surrounded by the Indian states of Maharashtra to the north and Karnataka to the east and south, with the Arabian Sea forming its western coast. Wikipedia
The history of southern India covers a span of over four thousand years during which the region saw the rise and fall of a number of dynasties and empires. The period of known history of the region begins with the Iron Age (1200 BCE to 24 BCE) period until the 15th century CE. Wikipedia
Sentences forTamil Nadu
- It is bordered by Karnataka to the north and northeast, Tamil Nadu to the east and south, and the Lakshadweep Sea to the west.
- Madras State was renamed Tamil Nadu in 1969.
- After Independence, it remained the centre of political activities of the state of Tamil Nadu.
- Prior to that, he had been the chief minister of Madras state for nine years.
- After India gained its independence in 1947, the city became the capital of Madras State, which was renamed as Tamil Nadu in 1969.
- The expansion of the Hoysala Empire brought minor parts of modern Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu under its rule.
- The state's largest checkpoint, Walayar, is on NH 544, in the border town between Kerala and Tamil Nadu, through which a large amount of public and commercial transportation reaches the northern and central districts of Kerala.
- Chennai (, ; formerly known as Madras, the official name until 1996) is the capital of the Indian state of Tamil Nadu.
- During this period, the Bangalore region witnessed the migration of many groups — warriors, administrators, traders, artisans, pastorals, cultivators, and religious personnel from Tamil Nadu and other Kannada speaking regions.
- In Karnataka, 7.0% of the population speak Telugu, and 5.6% in Tamil Nadu.
- According to Chattopadhyaya, the Hindu identity and religious response to Islamic invasion and wars developed in different kingdoms, such as wars between Islamic Sultanates and the Vijayanagara kingdom (Karnataka), and Islamic raids on the kingdoms in Tamil Nadu.
- Tamil, Kannada and Odia are spoken in border-areas.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Tamil Nadu