Seas similar to or like Tasman Sea
Marginal sea of the South Pacific Ocean, situated between Australia and New Zealand. Wikipedia
External territory of Australia located in the Pacific Ocean between New Zealand and New Caledonia, 1412 km directly east of Australia's Evans Head and about 900 km from Lord Howe Island. Together with the neighbouring Phillip Island and Nepean Island, the three islands collectively form the Territory of Norfolk Island. Wikipedia
The seventh tour by a British Isles team and the fourth to New Zealand and Australia. Often referred to as the Anglo-Welsh Tour as only English and Welsh players were selected due to the Irish and Scottish Rugby Unions not participating. Wikipedia
Tour by a British rugby union team, known at the time as the "English Footballers", throughout New Zealand and Australia. The first major tour of the Southern Hemisphere undertaken by a European rugby team. Wikipedia
Series of rugby union matches played by South Africa in Australia and New Zealand. The Springboks won 21 matches of 29, drew 1, and lost 7. Wikipedia
Free trade agreement between the Asia-Pacific nations of Australia, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, and Vietnam. The 15 member countries account for about 30% of the world's population (2.2 billion people) and 30% of global GDP ($26.2 trillion) as of 2020, making it the biggest trade bloc in history. Wikipedia
The twelfth tour by a British Isles team and the fifth to New Zealand and Australia. Recognised as the first to represent a bona fide British team and the first to be widely dubbed the 'Lions', after the nickname was used by journalists during the 1924 tour of South Africa. Wikipedia
The 2010 Queen's Birthday Honours in New Zealand, celebrating the official birthday of Queen Elizabeth II, were appointments made by the Queen in her right as Queen of New Zealand, on the advice of the New Zealand government, to various orders and honours to reward and highlight good works by New Zealanders. They were announced on 7 June 2010. Wikipedia
European New Zealanders are New Zealanders of European descent. Most European New Zealanders are of British and Irish ancestry, with smaller percentages of other European ancestries such as Germans, Greeks, Poles (historically noted as German due to Partitions of Poland), French, Dutch, Scandinavians, Croats and other South Slavs. Wikipedia
Canada–New Zealand relations refers to international relations between Canada and New Zealand. Canada and New Zealand have a longstanding relationship that has been fostered by both countries' shared history and culture, and links between residents of both countries. Wikipedia
The 2009 New Year Honours in New Zealand were appointments by Elizabeth II in her right as Queen of New Zealand, on the advice of the New Zealand government, to various orders and honours to reward and highlight good works by New Zealanders, and to celebrate the passing of 2008 and the beginning of 2009. They were announced on 31 December 2008. Wikipedia
Noted for its volcanic activity, earthquakes and geothermal areas because of its position on the boundary of the Australian Plate and Pacific Plates. Part of Zealandia, a microcontinent nearly half the size of Australia that broke away from the Gondwanan supercontinent about 83 million years ago. Wikipedia
The third tour made by the Springboks rugby team, and their first tour to Australia and New Zealand. South Africa played three Test matches against the All Blacks. Wikipedia
19th-century government inquiry into the validity of claims to land purchases by European settlers from the New Zealand Māori people made prior to 1840, when New Zealand was part of the Australian colony of New South Wales. Designed to determine who owned what land, in order to formalise and regulate land ownership in the new colony. Wikipedia
Sentences forTasman Sea
- New South Wales is bordered on the north by Queensland, on the west by South Australia, on the south by Victoria and on the east by the Coral and Tasman Seas.
- Thus, for example, previously the Tasman Sea between Australia and New Zealand was not regarded by the IHO as being part of the Pacific, but as of the 2002 draft edition it is.
- Still other definitions of the ocean boundaries would have Tasmania with the Great Australian Bight to the west, and the Tasman Sea to the east.
- The Tasman Sea, and part of Zealandia then locked together with Australia to form the Australian Plate (40 Ma), and a new plate boundary was created between the Australian Plate and Pacific Plate.
- In addition, the team had a rough voyage back across the Tasman Sea and many members had been seasick.
- It lies on a narrow coastal plain flanked by the Tasman Sea to the east and a steep sandstone precipice known as the Illawarra Escarpment to the west.
- After crossing the Tasman Sea to New Zealand, they lost both Tests against New Zealand with a team depleted with injuries.
- Its coast borders the Coral and Tasman Seas to the east.
- Surrounded by the Indian and Pacific oceans, Australia is separated from Asia by the Arafura and Timor seas, with the Coral Sea lying off the Queensland coast, and the Tasman Sea lying between Australia and New Zealand.
- The way the land mass projects into the Tasman Sea with northerly, westerly and southerly exposures, results in many excellent surfing and windsurfing locations, some of them considered world-class.
- It is bounded to the west by the Tasman Sea, and to the east by the Pacific Ocean.
- Lying in the Tasman Sea between Australia and New Zealand, the island is 600 km east of mainland Port Macquarie, 702 km northeast of Sydney, and about 772 km from Norfolk Island to its northeast.
- The harbour is an inlet of the Tasman Sea (part of the South Pacific Ocean).
- To the west, the region is bounded by the Tasman Sea.
- It merges with the Tasman Sea in the south, with the Solomon Sea in the north and with the Pacific Ocean in the east.
- Rainfall is almost evenly spread throughout the months, but is slightly higher during the first three months of the year because the anticlockwise-rotating subtropical high is to the south of the country, thereby allowing moist easterlies from the Tasman Sea to penetrate the city.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Tasman Sea