Topics similar to or like Tea Party movement
American fiscally conservative political movement within the Republican Party. Wikipedia
The Republican Party in the United States includes several factions, or wings. The conservative wing grew out of the 1950s and 1960s, with its initial leaders being U.S. Senator Robert A. Taft, Russell Kirk, and William F. Buckley Jr. Its central tenets include the promotion of individual liberty and free-market economics and opposition to labor unions, high taxes, and government regulation. Wikipedia
One of the two major contemporary political parties in the United States, along with its main, historic rival, the Democratic Party. Founded in 1854 by opponents of the Kansas–Nebraska Act, which allowed for the potential expansion of chattel slavery into the western territories. Wikipedia
American political movement that advocates strict adherence to the United States Constitution, reducing U.S. government spending and taxes, and reduction of the U.S. national debt and federal budget deficit. In the 2010 midterm elections, The New York Times identified 138 candidates for Congress with significant Tea Party support, and reported that all of them were running as Republicans. Wikipedia
Except briefly in the 1860s–1870s, there has never been a national political party in the United States called the Conservative Party. Founded in 1776, emphasizing liberty, the pursuit of happiness, the rule of law, the consent of the governed, opposition to aristocracy and fear of corruption, coupled with equal rights before the law. Wikipedia
Generally considered to be conservative, libertarian-leaning, and populist. Political movement that advocates reducing the U.S. national debt and federal budget deficit by reducing U.S. government spending and taxes. Wikipedia
Sentences forTea Party movement
- During President Obama's first term in office, Fox News helped launch and amplify the Tea Party movement, a conservative movement within the Republican party that organized protests against Obama and his policies.
- Arguing against the federal regulations and claiming that the move threatened jobs, Republicans and Tea Party members spoke out against the raids and supported Juszkiewicz.
- In 2013, Tea Party activists in the House nonetheless tried to end the program, now known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, while the Senate fought to preserve it.
- During the "Two Americas" storyline that ran in issues #602-605, the series drew controversy for the similarity between protesters depicted in the comic and the Tea Party movement.
- Pence described himself as a "principled conservative" and supporter of the Tea Party movement, saying he was "a Christian, a conservative, and a Republican, in that order."
- The Tea Party movement, founded in 2009, has proven a large outlet for populist American conservative ideas.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Tea Party movement