Officeholders similar to or like Ted Kennedy
American politician and lawyer who served as a U.S. Senator from Massachusetts for almost 47 years, from 1962 until his death in 2009. Wikipedia
American military officer, attorney, judge and politician who served as a United States senator from South Carolina from 1954 to 2003 and as the 103rd governor of South Carolina from 1947 to 1951. Thurmond served in the United States Senate for 48 years, at first as a Southern Democrat and then, from 1964 onwards, as a Republican. Wikipedia
Sentences forTed Kennedy
- Senator Ted Kennedy later led the congressional passage of a separate civil rights bill designed to facilitate launching employment discrimination lawsuits.
- The late-president's brother, Senator Edward Kennedy of Massachusetts helped steer the legislation through the Senate.
- This landmark education initiative passed with broad bipartisan support, including that of Senator Ted Kennedy of Massachusetts.
- His younger brother Edward M. Kennedy held that seat until his death from a brain tumor in 2009.
- In 1980, Carter faced a challenge from Senator Ted Kennedy in the primaries, but he won re-nomination at the 1980 Democratic National Convention.
- Senator Ted Kennedy, a regular sponsor of Gerry Adams' visits to the US during the peace process, also refused to meet Adams and hosted the McCartney family instead.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Ted Kennedy