Software similar to or like Telegram (software)
Cloud-based instant messaging and voice over IP service. Wikipedia
Cross-platform instant messaging and communication application that specializes in video calls and voice calls for smartphones. Users can also send each other text messages, emoticons, images, videos, voice messages, contacts, user location as well as create group chats, group video calls and conference calls. Wikipedia
Freeware, cross-platform messaging and Voice over IP service owned by Facebook, Inc. It allows users to send text messages and voice messages, make voice and video calls, and share images, documents, user locations, and other media. Also accessible from desktop computers, as long as the user's mobile device remains connected to the Internet while they use the desktop app. Wikipedia
Cross-platform voice over IP and instant messaging (IM) software application operated by Japanese multinational company Rakuten, provided as a freeware for the Android, iOS, Microsoft Windows, macOS and Linux platforms. Accessible on desktop platforms without needing mobile connectivity. Wikipedia
Virtual assistant that is part of Apple Inc.'s iOS, iPadOS, watchOS, macOS, and tvOS operating systems The assistant uses voice queries and a natural-language user interface to answer questions, make recommendations, and perform actions by delegating requests to a set of Internet services. The software adapts to users' individual language usages, searches, and preferences, with continuing use. Wikipedia
Instant messaging and presence computer program created by AOL, which used the proprietary OSCAR instant messaging protocol and the TOC protocol to allow registered users to communicate in real time. Popular from the late 1990s to the late 2000s in North America, and was the leading instant messaging application in that region. Wikipedia
Cross-platform instant messaging , Voice over IP (VoIP), social media and peer to peer file sharing application which was launched on 12 December 2012 by Kavin Bharti Mittal and is now owned by Hike Private Limited. It allow users to share text and voice messages in real-time when connected to internet as well by SMS when offline. Wikipedia
Instant messaging and voice over IP (VoIP) client which supports text, voice, video, file transfers, and inter-application communication over various IM communication protocols. Created by forking the Gossip project started by Michael Hallendal, Richard Hult and later maintained by Martyn Russell. Wikipedia
Platform-independent browser-based app store for mobile-phone owners and a digital application distribution platform used by more than 40,000 developers around the world, owned and maintained by Opera Software ASA. Relaunched on a new platform, after acquisition of Handster, a mobile app store platform company, in January 2012. Wikipedia
Language learning software company based in Nashua, New Hampshire. Since 1991, Transparent Language has been offering its products to individual consumers, and in the past decade has grown to provide services for educational institutions and government agencies, ranging from MIT to the Department of Defense. Wikipedia
File hosting service operated by the American company Dropbox, Inc., headquartered in San Francisco, California, that offers cloud storage, file synchronization, personal cloud, and client software. Founded in 2007 by MIT students Drew Houston and Arash Ferdowsi as a startup company, with initial funding from seed accelerator Y Combinator. Wikipedia
Internet/Radio app directory/platform owned by AppGeneration – Software Technologies, Lda a development company based in Porto, Portugal founded by Eduardo Carqueja in October 2010. myTuner Radio has over 50,000 radio stations and one million podcasts from all around the world. Wikipedia
Free and open-source multi-platform instant messaging client, based on a library named libpurple that has support for many instant messaging protocols, allowing the user to simultaneously log into various services from one application. Estimated to be over three million in 2007. Wikipedia
Sentences forTelegram (software)
- Shortly after the attacks, ISIL's media organ, the Al-Hayat Media Group, launched a website on the dark web extolling the organisation and recommending the encrypted instant messaging service Telegram.
- The group uses the encrypted instant messaging service Telegram to disseminate images, videos and updates.
- Because of this, as many as 1.5 million users are reported to have recently signed up for the hitherto obscure mobile messenger service Telegram, which is known for its security.
- ISIS responded on Telegram by calling them "idiots", and asking "What they gonna to [sic] hack?"
- In November 30, 2015, the Android WhatsApp client made links to another message service, Telegram, unclickable and uncopyable.
- The Turkistan Islamic Party slammed and attacked Assad, Russia, NATO, the United States and other western countries in its propagand outlets like the "Islamic Turkestan" magazine and its Telegram channel.
- ISIL's propaganda arm confirmed via Telegram his death on 31 October and announced Abu Ibrahim al-Hashimi al-Qurashi as the new leader of the group.
- He wrote on Telegram in response, "Instagram's move, which still wants to pretend it is independent from officials of Washington is weird."
- He also became the first governor to resign from his position in Puerto Rico's history after a scandal arose through the communication application Telegram.
- Telegram claimed that it acquired 8 million new users; and Line, 2 million.
- On 31 October, an IS outlet on Telegram named Abu Ibrahim al-Hashimi al-Qurashi as Baghdadi's successor.
- Greenwald has faced death threats and homophobic harassment from Bolsonaro supporters due to his reporting on the Telegram messages.
- On 23 May, the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, via the Nashir Telegram channel, claimed the attack was carried out by "a soldier of the Khilafah".
- On July 8, 2019, screenshots of a group chat on the Telegram messaging service, which the governor belonged to, were leaked.
- On 9 June 2019, Greenwald and journalists from investigative journalism magazine The Intercept Brasil where he was an editor, released several messages exchanged via Telegram between members of the investigation team of Operation Car Wash.
- Tai also worked on a "smart voters" system involving 25,000 voters who would indicate their preferences on an interactive poll via Telegram and would be informed of the popularity of candidates according to polls the day before the official vote and which would be updated through exit polling two and a half hours before polls closed.
- In July 2019, Rosselló faced widespread controversy after a group chat on the Telegram app between Rosselló and his staff was made public.
- Other systems, such as Telegram and Google Allo, have been criticized for not having end-to-end encryption, which they offer, enabled by default.
- On 9 June 2019, Greenwald and other journalists from investigative journalism magazine The Intercept Brasil started publishing several leaked chat messages exchanged via the Telegram app between members of the Brazilian judiciary system.
- Writing on Telegram, Yiannopoulos claimed that the material was recorded by someone 'whose identity I have verified, and who I have placed where/when they said they recorded it' and noted that “I have always publicly hated Spencer, and he has always publicly hated me".
- However, a concentration phenomenon is occurring globally giving the dominance to a few online platforms that become popular for some unique features they provide, most commonly for the added privacy they offer users through disappearing messages or end-to-end encryption (e.g. WhatsApp, Snapchat, Signal, and Telegram), but they have tended to occupy niches and to facilitate the exchanges of information that remain rather invisible to larger audiences.
- Protesters commonly used LIHKG, an online forum similar to Reddit, as well as Telegram, an [[Comparison of instant messaging clients#Messengers with client-to-client encryption|optionally end-to-end encrypted messaging service]] similar to Whatsapp, to communicate and brainstorm ideas for protests and make collective decisions.
- The pornographic groups are found to be operating on Facebook, Telegram, and particularly WhatsApp that has strong encryption, and offers greater anonymity were able to track and identify by the Cyber team, many such groups and 84 specific individuals, who were engaged in large-scale distribution of child porn on social media and other ways.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Telegram (software)