Topics similar to or like Terrace (stadium)
A terrace or terracing in sporting terms refers to the standing area of a sports stadium, particularly in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland. Wikipedia
Important role in Irish society. The many sports played and followed in Ireland include Gaelic games (including Gaelic football, hurling and camogie), association football, horse racing, show jumping, greyhound racing, basketball, fishing, handball, motorsport, boxing, tennis, hockey, golf, rowing, cricket, and rugby union. Wikipedia
Sentences forTerrace (stadium)
- For instance, the construction of masonry stands was not part of the initial plan as, originally, stands consisted of grassed terraces.
- The main stand was situated alongside Abington Avenue and was a covered stand with seating to the rear and terracing to the front.
- In the summer of 1973, more goal seats, which meant the elimination of fourteen rows of standing terraces, were added to provide comfort.
- The club turned professional in 1936, and work began on the first bank of terracing at the north end of the pitch.
- The ground was gradually developed, so by the resumption of football after World War Two it had four fully-covered, terraced stands.
- For Bundesliga fixtures the maximum capacity is 51,500 as on the East Stand next to the visitor's terrace some spaces are held free for security purposes.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Terrace (stadium)