Settlements similar to or like The Bronx
Borough of New York City, coextensive with Bronx County, in the U.S. state of New York, the third-most-densely populated county in the United States. Wikipedia
Most densely populated of the five boroughs of New York City, and coextensive with the County of New York, one of the original counties of the U.S. state of New York. Manhattan serves as the city's economic and administrative center, cultural identifier, and historical birthplace. Wikipedia
Primarily residential neighborhood in the southwestern section of the New York City borough of the Bronx. Its boundaries, starting from the north and moving clockwise, are East 149th Street to the north, the Bruckner Expressway to the east, the Bronx Kill waterway to the south, and the Harlem River to the west. Wikipedia
Sentences forThe Bronx
- The Bronx (Bronx County) is New York City's northernmost borough and the only New York City borough that lies mainly on the mainland United States.
- Both the Post and the New York City edition of the Journal are printed at a state-of-the-art printing plant in the borough of The Bronx.
- Moreover, the numbering system continues even in The Bronx, north of Manhattan, despite the fact that the grid plan is not as regular in that borough, whose last numbered street is 263rd Street.
- In 1874 the western portion of the present Bronx County was transferred to New York County from Westchester County, and in 1895 the remainder of the present Bronx County was annexed.
- On December 3, 1768, Queens gained other islands in Long Island Sound that were not already assigned to a county but that did not abut on Westchester County (today's Bronx County).
- To the west and north is the East River, across which is Manhattan to the west and The Bronx to the north.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: The Bronx