Films similar to or like The Last Temptation of Christ (film)
1988 religious drama film directed by Martin Scorsese. Wikipedia
2011 American adventure drama film directed and produced by Martin Scorsese, and adapted for the screen by John Logan. Based on Brian Selznick's 2007 book The Invention of Hugo Cabret, it tells the story of a boy who lives alone in the Gare Montparnasse railway station in Paris in the 1930s, only to become embroiled in a mystery surrounding his late father's automaton and the pioneering filmmaker Georges Méliès. Wikipedia
Sentences forThe Last Temptation of Christ (film)
- The film finally won actor Paul Newman an Oscar and gave Scorsese the clout to finally secure backing for a project that had been a longtime goal for him: The Last Temptation of Christ.
- He turned down an opportunity to play Jesus Christ in Scorsese's The Last Temptation of Christ (1988), although he told the director that he would do it as a favor if needed.
- Die Hard was one of several 1988 films labelled "morally objectionable" by the Roman Catholic Church, along with The Last Temptation of Christ, Bull Durham and A Fish Called Wanda.
- Hershey's experience with Scorsese was extended to another major role for her 16 years later in The Last Temptation of Christ (1988) as Mary Magdalene.
- Scorsese decided to postpone making the film when funds materialized in 1988 to make The Last Temptation of Christ.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: The Last Temptation of Christ (film)