Films similar to or like The Red Violin
1998 drama film directed by François Girard and starring Samuel L. Jackson, Carlo Cecchi and Sylvia Chang. Wikipedia
The year 1999 in film included Stanley Kubrick's final film Eyes Wide Shut, Pedro Almodóvar's first Oscar-winning film All About My Mother, the science-fiction hit The Matrix, the animated works Stuart Little, The Iron Giant, South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut and My Neighbors the Yamadas, the Best Picture-winner American Beauty, the well-received The Green Mile, the Pixar sequel film Toy Story 2, and the Deep Canvas-pioneering Disney animated feature Tarzan. Other noteworthy releases included Spike Jonze and Charlie Kaufman's breakout film Being John Malkovich and M. Night Shyamalan's breakout film The Sixth Sense, the controversial cult classic Fight Club and Paul Thomas Anderson's Magnolia. Wikipedia
2017 Canadian historical drama film directed and written by François Girard and starring Gilles Renaud, Samian and Tanaya Beatty. Dramatizing several centuries of Quebec history and the local history of Montreal in particular, the story depicts Quebec archaeology revealing the past of indigenous peoples, explorers and 1837 rebels. Wikipedia
1999 historical drama film directed by István Szabó and written by Israel Horovitz and Szabó. It follows five generations of a Hungarian Jewish family, originally named Sonnenschein ("sunshine"), later changed to Sors ("fate"), during changes in Hungary, focusing mostly on the three generations from the late 19th century through the mid-20th century. Wikipedia
Original soundtrack album, on the Sony Classical label, of the 1999 film The Red Violin , starring Carlo Cecchi, Sandra Oh and Samuel L. Jackson. The original score and songs were composed by John Corigliano and performed by Philharmonia Orchestra with Esa-Pekka Salonen conducting. Wikipedia
Sentences forThe Red Violin
- Corigliano's fourth film score was for François Girard's The Red Violin (1997) which won him his second Academy Award nomination and the 1999 Oscar for best film score.
- The Red Violin (1998) could also be considered a portmanteau film, since the storylines revolve around the various owners of a precious sixteenth-century violin through the centuries.
- Girard had previously used an anthology approach in his films such as The Red Violin, and was interested in another project that would depict Montreal.
- The film also won three Genie Awards, where McKellar was effectively competing against himself as a screenwriter of both Last Night and The Red Violin.
- Girard and McKellar employed a few crew members from Thirty Two Short Films About Glenn Gould for their next film, The Red Violin (1998).
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: The Red Violin