Musical artists similar to or like The Runaways
All-female teenage American rock band that recorded and performed in the second half of the 1970s. Wikipedia
American rock singer, songwriter, composer, musician, record producer, and actress. Best known for her work as the frontwoman of her band Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, and for earlier founding and performing with the Runaways, which recorded and released the hit song "Cherry Bomb". Wikipedia
All-female rock band The Runaways' fifth and final album, released in 1980, a year after the band had broken up. A compilation of previously unreleased recordings, the album consists of one alternate version and three unreleased tracks from the sessions for the 1977 album Queens of Noise, five live tracks left over from the 1977 album Live in Japan, and two Cherie Currie demo recordings. Wikipedia
List of notable punk rock bands with names beginning with letters L through Z. The bands listed have played some type of punk music at some point in their career, although they may have also played other styles. Bands who played in a style that influenced early punk rock—such as garage rock and protopunk—but never played punk rock themselves, are not on this list. Wikipedia
American rock band that initially performed and recorded in the late 1960s and early 1970s and was sporadically active until 2009. Based in San Francisco, Blue Cheer played in a psychedelic blues rock or acid rock style, and are also credited as being some of the earliest pioneers of heavy metal, with their cover of "Summertime Blues" sometimes cited as the first in the genre. Wikipedia
Women have made significant contributions to punk rock music and its subculture since its inception in the 1970s. In contrast to the rock music and heavy metal scenes of the 1970s, which were dominated by men, the anarchic, counter-cultural mindset of the punk scene in mid-and-late 1970s encouraged women to participate. Wikipedia
Sentences forThe Runaways
- Quatro directly inspired the pioneering Los Angeles based all-girl group The Runaways.
- In The Runaways I was using a blond Les Paul.
- During the mid-1980s Iommi was briefly engaged to rock musician Lita Ford, formerly of The Runaways.
- In addition to Black, Lemmy, Judas Priest's Rob Halford, The Runaways' Lita Ford, and Ozzy Osbourne provide character voices for these lines.
- The Runaways included a live rendition of the song on their live in Japan 1977 album with their drummer Sandy West on vocals.
- In 2013, Ford reunited with former Runaways bandmate Cherie Currie to record a Christmas single.
- The second Tater Totz album, Sgt. Shonen's Exploding Plastic Eastman Band Request Mono! Stereo, was released in 1989, and included Cherie Currie of The Runaways, and Pat Smear.
- Sigismondi's first feature-length film was The Runaways, a period piece about the 1970s all-girl rock and roll band The Runaways.
- She went to live in Los Angeles with Vicki Blue, former bassist of The Runaways.
- Currie was the lead vocalist of the Runaways, a rock band from Los Angeles, in the mid-to-late 1970s.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: The Runaways