Organizations similar to or like The Trevor Project
American non-profit organization founded in 1998 focused on suicide prevention efforts among lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning youth. Wikipedia
Significantly higher than among the general population.<ref name="Haas2011"> The passage of laws that discriminate against LGBT people have been shown to have significant negative impacts on the physical and mental health and well-being of LGBT youth; for example, depression and drug use among LGBT people have been shown to increase significantly after the passage of discriminatory laws. Wikipedia
National non-profit-making organisation that was run by and for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) young people and is based in the United Kingdom. Aim to represent the needs and views of younger LGBT people by campaigning for greater visibility and equal rights, as well as providing general support and information to those who are just coming out or who are experiencing homophobia. Wikipedia
American suicide prevention organization coordinating national efforts to advance the National Strategy for Suicide Prevention (NSSP). Public/private partnership that, according to them, "catalyzes planning, implementation, and accountability for updating and advancing the NSSP. The Action Alliance works on the 2001 National Strategy for Suicide Prevention and is an outgrowth of the Suicide Prevention Resource Center. The Action Alliance initially focused on three high-risk populations: LGBT youth, American Indians/Alaska Natives, and military/veterans. Part of the group's campaign will be to educate on the warning signs of suicide, promoting the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline , as well as community crisis clinics across the U.S. Wikipedia
Central Columbia University student organization that represents lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning LGBTQ students. Oldest such student organization in the world, originally called the Student Homophile League, established in 1966 and recognized by the university on April 19, 1967. Wikipedia
GLSEN's annual day of action to spread awareness about the effects of the bullying and harassment of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning students. In the United States, students take a day-long vow of silence to symbolically represent the silencing of LGBTQ students. Wikipedia
Sentences forThe Trevor Project
- She supports The Trevor Project organization, focused on suicide prevention efforts among LGBTQ youth and attended three of the Trevor Project's "Cracked X-Mas" events to benefit the organization.
- In December 2012, Perry was awarded the Trevor Hero Award by The Trevor Project for her work and activism on behalf of LGBT youth.
- In 2020 Williams was the winner of episode 2 of RuPaul's Secret Celebrity Drag Race, and donated her prize of $20 000 to the LBGTQ charity The Trevor Project.
- Radcliffe has contributed to many charities, including Demelza Hospice Care for Children and The Trevor Project; the latter charity gave him its Hero Award in 2011.
- She also worked with The Trevor Project in 2012 to raise money in honor of her birthday; her various GLAAD and Trevor Project fundraisers achieved over $18,000 by July 2013.
- After the performance, a dance remix version was made available for purchase, with proceeds benefiting The Trevor Project.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: The Trevor Project