Settlements similar to or like Thessaloniki
Second-largest city in Greece, with over 1 million inhabitants in its metropolitan area, and the capital of the geographic region of Macedonia, the administrative region of Central Macedonia and the Decentralized Administration of Macedonia and Thrace. Wikipedia
- Sephardi Jews used to have a large presence in the city of Thessaloniki, and by 1900, some 80,000, or more than half of the population, were Jews.
- Its population is approximately 10.7 million as of 2018; Athens is its largest and capital city, followed by Thessaloniki.
- The city of Thessaloniki is also home of a number of festivals and events.
- As for Thessaloniki, after the fire of 1917, the government ordered for a new city plan under the supervision of Ernest Hébrard.
- Sicily was lost to the Arabs in 902 and in 904 Thessaloniki, the Empire's second city was sacked by an Arab fleet.
- The work of the Thessaloniki brothers Cyril and Methodius and their disciples had a major impact to Serbs as well.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Thessaloniki