Former countries similar to or like Thirteen Colonies
The Thirteen Colonies, also known as the Thirteen British Colonies or the Thirteen American Colonies, were a group of colonies of Great Britain on the Atlantic coast of North America founded in the 17th and 18th centuries which declared independence in 1776 and formed the United States of America. Wikipedia
British America comprised the colonial territories of the British Empire in America from 1607 to 1783. These colonies were formally known as British America and the British West Indies before the Thirteen Colonies declared their independence in the American Revolutionary War (1775–1783) and formed the United States of America. Wikipedia
The colonial history of the United States covers the history of European colonization of America from the early 16th century until the incorporation of the colonies into the United States of America. In the late 16th century, England, France, Castile, and the Dutch Republic launched major colonization programs in America. Wikipedia
The history of establishment of control, settlement, and decolonization of the continents of the Americas by England, Scotland and Great Britain. Colonization efforts began in the 16th century with failed attempts by England to establish permanent colonies in the North. Wikipedia
Ideological and political revolution which occurred in colonial North America between 1765 and 1783. The Americans in the Thirteen Colonies defeated the British in the American Revolutionary War (1775–1783), gaining independence from the British Crown and establishing the United States of America, the first modern constitutional liberal democracy. Wikipedia
Composed of the dominions, colonies, protectorates, mandates, and other territories ruled or administered by the United Kingdom and its predecessor states. It began with the overseas possessions and trading posts established by England between the late 16th and early 18th centuries. Wikipedia
Sentences forThirteen Colonies
- Since the establishment of the United States in 1776 by Thirteen British Colonies, the number of states has expanded from the original 13 to 50.
- The English established additional settlements in Newfoundland, beginning in 1610 and the Thirteen Colonies to the south were founded soon after.
- Since the establishment of the United States in 1776, the number of states has expanded from the original 13 to 50.
- The Congress was the first meeting of the Thirteen Colonies, called at the request of the Massachusetts Assembly, but only nine colonies sent delegates.
- The United States emerged from the thirteen British colonies established along the East Coast.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Thirteen Colonies