Officeholders similar to or like Thomas Jefferson
American statesman, diplomat, lawyer, architect, philosopher, and Founding Father who served as the third president of the United States from 1801 to 1809. Wikipedia
American statesman, diplomat, expansionist, philosopher, and Founding Father who served as the fourth president of the United States from 1809 to 1817. Hailed as the "Father of the Constitution" for his pivotal role in drafting and promoting the Constitution of the United States and the United States Bill of Rights. Wikipedia
Involved in politics from his early adult years. This article covers his early life and career, through his writing the Declaration of Independence, participation in the American Revolutionary War, serving as governor of Virginia, and election and service as Vice-President to President John Adams. Wikipedia
American statesman, attorney, diplomat, writer, and Founding Father who served as the second president of the United States from 1797 to 1801. Leader of the American Revolution that achieved independence from Great Britain, and he served as the first vice president of the United States. Wikipedia
Sentences forThomas Jefferson
- In June 1776, Thomas Jefferson wrote the phrase "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" in all capitalized letters in the headline of his "original Rough draught" of the Declaration of Independence.
- On February 19, 1803, U.S. president Thomas Jefferson signed an act of Congress that approved Ohio's boundaries and constitution.
- It is named after Presidents Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson, whom the party regards as its distinguished early leaders.
- The party's founding members chose the name Republican Party in the mid-1850s as homage to the values of republicanism promoted by Thomas Jefferson's Republican Party.
- By the end of his presidency, political parties had developed, with John Adams defeating Thomas Jefferson in 1796, the first truly contested presidential election.
- President Thomas Jefferson supported it, and it went in effect on January 1, 1808.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Thomas Jefferson