Topics similar to or like Three Coins in the Fountain (song)
Popular song which received the Academy Award for Best Original Song in 1955. Wikipedia
Popular song, written by Cole Porter, from his musical Kiss Me, Kate , which was based on Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew. It was sung in the show by Patricia Morison, reprised by Alfred Drake and further popularized by Patti Page in 1949. Issued by Mercury Records as catalog number 5230, and first reached the Billboard chart on February 12, 1949, lasting two weeks and peaking at No. 13. Wikipedia
Popular blues song which has become a pop standard and is generally considered to be part of the Great American Songbook. Written by Harold Arlen, the lyrics by Johnny Mercer, for a 1941 film begun with the working title Hot Nocturne, but finally released as Blues in the Night. Wikipedia
Sentences forThree Coins in the Fountain (song)
- Additionally, Styne won the 1955 Oscar for Best Music, Original Song for "Three Coins in the Fountain", and "Hallelujah, Baby!"
- He won an Oscar four times for his songs, including the popular song "Three Coins in the Fountain".
- In 1990, Jones recorded "Three Coins in the Fountain," which was used in the film Coins in the Fountain that year.
- The title alludes to the song "Three Coins in the Fountain" as well as to the macabre discovery which triggers Falco's investigation.
- In October 2014, it was released in Japan on SHM-CD, featuring a previously unissued take of "Three Coins in the Fountain".
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Three Coins in the Fountain (song)