Events similar to or like Tokaimura nuclear accident
Explosion occurred in a Dōnen plant, and Wikipedia
Nuclear weapons tests are experiments carried out to determine the effectiveness, yield, and explosive capability of nuclear weapons. Testing nuclear weapons offers practical information about how the weapons function, as well as how detonations are affected by different conditions; and how personnel, structures, and equipment are affected when subjected to nuclear explosions. Wikipedia
Explosion caused by violent boiling or flashing of water into steam, occurring when water is either superheated, rapidly heated by fine hot debris produced within it, or heated by the interaction of molten metals . Pressure vessels, such as pressurized water (nuclear) reactors, that operate above atmospheric pressure can also provide the conditions for a steam explosion. Wikipedia
A criticality accident occurred on December 30, 1958, at the Los Alamos National Laboratory in Los Alamos, New Mexico, in the United States. One of only ten such events that have occurred outside a nuclear reactor, though it was the third such event that took place in 1958 after events on 16 June at the Y-12 Plant in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, and on 15 October at the Vinča Nuclear Institute in Vinča, Yugoslavia. Wikipedia
Nuclear reprocessing plant with an annual capacity of 800 tons of uranium or 8 tons of plutonium. Owned by Japan Nuclear Fuel Limited and is part of the Rokkasho complex located in the village of Rokkasho in northeast Aomori Prefecture, on the Pacific coast of the northernmost part of Japan's main island of Honshu. Wikipedia
Postulated event used to establish the acceptable performance requirements of the structures, systems, and components, such that a nuclear power plant can withstand the event and not endanger the health or safety of the plant operators or the wider public. Similar terms are design-basis accident (DBA) and maximum credible accident. Wikipedia
The radiation effects from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster are the observed and predicted effects as a result of the release of radioactive isotopes from the Fukushima Daiichii Nuclear Power Plant following the 2011 Tōhoku 9.0 magnitude earthquake and tsunami (Great East Japan Earthquake and the resultant tsunami). Result of venting in order to reduce gaseous pressure, and the discharge of coolant water into the sea. Wikipedia
Facility for nuclear waste vitrification at the Hanford Site in Washington. Designed to immobilize smaller quantities of high-level waste including plutonium. Wikipedia
Sentences forTokaimura nuclear accident
- The village was the site of the Tokaimura nuclear accident which occurred at the JCO nuclear reprocessing plant on 30 September 1999, which killed two people.
- The 1999 Tokaimura nuclear accident remained critical for about 20 hours, until it was shut down by active intervention.
- An early example of a successful peripheral stem cell transplant was carried out in the wake of the 1999 Tokaimura nuclear accident.
- These accidents included the Tokaimura nuclear accident, the Mihama steam explosion, and cover-ups after an accidents at the Monju reactor.
- These accidents included the Tokaimura nuclear accident, the Mihama steam explosion, cover-ups after an accident at the Monju reactor, among others, more recently the Chūetsu offshore earthquake aftermath.
- In 1999 he was asked by the government of Japan to help treat victims of the Tokaimura nuclear accident.
- These accidents included the Tokaimura nuclear accident, the Mihama steam explosion, cover-ups after accidents at the Monju reactor, and more recently the Kashiwazaki-Kariwa Nuclear Power Plant was completely shut down for 21 months following an earthquake in 2007.
- Five yen coins made headlines in 1999 in regards to the nuclear accident at Tokai, Ibaraki.
- Radioactivity was released as a result of the Tokaimura accident.
- These accidents included the Tokaimura nuclear accident, the Mihama steam explosion, cover-ups after accidents at the Monju reactor, and the 21 month shut down of the Kashiwazaki-Kariwa Nuclear Power Plant following an earthquake in 2007.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Tokaimura nuclear accident