Nascar drivers similar to or like Tony Stewart
American semi-retired professional stock car racing driver and current NASCAR team owner. Wikipedia
American former professional stock car racing driver, currently an announcer for Fox NASCAR, and a top executive for Hendrick Motorsports. He raced full-time from 1993 to 2015, driving the No. 24 Chevrolet for Hendrick Motorsports in the former NASCAR Winston Cup Series and Sprint Cup Series (now called NASCAR Cup Series), and also served as a substitute driver for Dale Earnhardt Jr. in the No. 88 Chevrolet for Hendrick Motorsports in select races during the 2016 season. Wikipedia
American professional stock car racing driver and team owner. , he competes full-time in the NASCAR Cup Series, driving the No. 18 Toyota Camry for Joe Gibbs Racing, part-time in the NASCAR Xfinity Series, driving the No. 54 Toyota Supra for JGR, and part-time in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, driving the No. 51 Toyota Tundra for Kyle Busch Motorsports. Wikipedia
American professional stock car racing organization owned and operated by former Washington Redskins (Now the Washington Football Team) coach Joe Gibbs, which first started racing on the NASCAR circuit in 1991. His son, J. D. Gibbs, ran the team with him until his death in 2019. Wikipedia
American semi-retired professional race car driver who won three Drivers' Championships in the NASCAR Cup Series. He made his NASCAR debut in the Busch Series with the Ranier-Walsh Racing team in 1996 before moving to the Labonte Motorsports squad for part of the 1997 season. Wikipedia
American professional auto racing driver who competes in the IndyCar Series, driving the No. 48 Honda on a part-time schedule for Chip Ganassi Racing. A seven-time NASCAR Cup Series champion, he competed full-time in the series from 2002 to 2020, driving the No. 48 Chevrolet with Hendrick Motorsports, before transitioning to open-wheel racing. Wikipedia
American professional stock car racing driver who competes part-time in the NASCAR Xfinity Series, driving a Chevrolet Camaro for Mike Harmon Racing, as well as part-time in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, driving the Nos. 8 and 87 Chevrolet Silverados for his own team, NEMCO Motorsports. Wikipedia
Sentences forTony Stewart
- In 2001, Tony Stewart became the first driver to complete the full race distance (1,100 miles) in both races on the same day.
- In 2009, Hendrick Motorsports announced that they would run a No. 80 HendrickCars.com Chevy driven by Tony Stewart in the Xfinity Series Camping World 300 at Daytona.
- The third NASCAR Championship for Tony Stewart marked the first time since 2005 (coincidentally Stewart's second) that someone other than Johnson was the champion.
- Gordon became the third driver to win four Winston Cup championships in NASCAR history, second only to Richard Petty and Dale Earnhardt (both winning it seven times), and with a 344-point margin ahead of Tony Stewart.
- He recorded four pole positions and three wins (tying the rookie record set by Tony Stewart in 1999), as well as six top fives and twenty-one top ten finishes.
- On November 20, 2011, Tony Stewart and Carl Edwards ended the season in a first-ever points tie.
- At season's end, Mike Ford was released as crew chief and was replaced by Tony Stewart's crew chief Darian Grubb.
- The win allowed him to surpass his car owner Tony Stewart to become the 12th winningest driver in Cup Series history.
- In June 2011, Tony Stewart and Lewis Hamilton participated in the "Mobil 1 Seat Swap".
- In the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona International Speedway, Busch was involved in a violent wreck while attempting to block Tony Stewart to win, Stewart won the race but apologized in victory circle for the wreck.
- At Richmond, he ran in the Top 10 all day until he and Tony Stewart made contact but managed to finish 14th.
- He also won Tony Stewart's charity race, the Prelude to the Dream, his first victory on a dirt oval.
- During the restart, he slipped through the pack and overtook Tony Stewart for the lead in turn 4.
- However, on a final restart, he again tangled with Tony Stewart.
- He led a few laps in the early part of the race before finishing second to Tony Stewart after his Nationwide Series teammate Danica Patrick smashed hard into the inside wall in a last lap crash on the back straightaway.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Tony Stewart