Musical artists similar to or like Tori Amos
American singer-songwriter and pianist. Wikipedia
American pianist and singer-songwriter whose musical career began in 1980, at the age of seventeen, when she and her brother co-wrote the song "Baltimore". Selected as the winning song in a contest for the Baltimore Orioles and was recorded and pressed locally as a 7" single. From 1984 to 1989, Amos fronted the synth-pop band Y Kant Tori Read, which released one self-titled album with Atlantic Records in 1988 before breaking up. Shortly thereafter, Amos began writing and recording material that would serve as the debut of her solo career. Still signed with Atlantic, and its UK counterpart East West, Amos' initial solo material was rejected by the label in 1990. Under the guidance of co-producers Eric Rosse, Davitt Sigerson and Ian Stanley, a second version of the album was created and accepted by the label the following year. Wikipedia
Sentences forTori Amos
- The American singer-songwriter Tori Amos now resides predominantly in North Cornwall not far from Bude with her family.
- Birmingham is mentioned in "Playboy Mommy" by American singer-songwriter Tori Amos and in "Run, Baby, Run" by American singer-songwriter Sheryl Crow.
- In music, Garland is referenced in the 1992 Tori Amos song "Happy Phantom", in which Garland is imagined to be taking Buddha by the hand.
- American musician Tori Amos released a series of six live albums in 2005 known as The Original Bootlegs, one of which was recorded at the Apollo.
- During summer 1999, Morissette toured with singer-songwriter Tori Amos on the 5 and a Half Weeks Tour in support of Amos' album To Venus and Back (1999).
- In May 2014 the label released Tori Amos' 14th studio album Unrepentant Geraldines.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Tori Amos