Settlements similar to or like Toronto
Capital city of the Canadian province of Ontario. Wikipedia
This timeline of the history of Toronto documents all events that occurred in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, including historical events in the former cities of East York, Etobicoke, North York, Old Toronto, Scarborough, and York. Events date back to the early-17th century and continue until the present in chronological order. Wikipedia
The cancelled expressways in Toronto were a planned series of expressways in Toronto, Ontario, Canada that were only partially built or cancelled due to public opposition. Intended to spur or handle growth in the suburbs of Toronto, but were opposed by citizens within the city of Toronto proper, citing the demolition of homes and park lands, air pollution, noise and the high cost of construction. Wikipedia
Municipal police force in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and the primary agency responsible for providing law enforcement and policing services in Toronto. The first local police service created in North America and is one of the oldest police services in the English-speaking world. Wikipedia
Major arterial route in the Canadian province of Ontario connecting the shores of Lake Ontario in Toronto to Lake Simcoe, a gateway to the Upper Great Lakes. 1896 km long, making it the longest street in the world; this was due to a conflation of Yonge Street with the rest of Ontario's Highway 11. Wikipedia
Town in the Greater Toronto Area of Ontario, Canada, approximately 50 kilometres north of downtown Toronto, and 55 kilometres north-east of Toronto Pearson International Airport. 206.22 square kilometres in area, and located in the mid-eastern area of the Regional Municipality of York on the ecologically-sensitive Oak Ridges Moraine. Wikipedia
The Toronto waterway system comprises a series of natural and man-made watercourses in the Canadian city of Toronto. Dominated by a large river system spanning most of the city including the Don River, Etobicoke Creek, Highland Creek, Humber River, Mimico Creek and Rouge River. Wikipedia
Secondary region of Southern Ontario, Canada, which lies at the western end of Lake Ontario, with outer boundaries stretching south to Lake Erie and north to Lake Scugog and Lake Simcoe. It includes the Greater Toronto Area and adjacent upper-tier municipalities with substantial urban agglomerations. Wikipedia
- Historically the commercial capital of Canada, Montreal was surpassed in population and in economic strength by Toronto in the 1970s.
- The city has the greatest percentage of Filipino residents (8.7%) of any major Canadian city, although Toronto has more Filipinos by total population.
- Toronto, the capital of Ontario, is the centre of Canada's financial services and banking industry.
- This arrival of Asian immigrants continued a tradition of immigration from around the world that had established Vancouver as the second-most popular destination for immigrants in Canada after Toronto.
- Because of this the city is often considered to be a multicultural city, and has been compared to New York City, London and Toronto.
- Next in size are Los Angeles, Toronto, Chicago, Havana, Santo Domingo, and Montreal.
- During this time Calgary saw a population growth of 142,387 people, followed by Edmonton at 120,345 people and Toronto at 116,511 people.
- The 2001 Canadian census reported 7,070 people who listed Malayalam as their mother tongue, mainly in Toronto.
- The sister-city relationship with Scarborough, Ontario, Canada lasted from 1996 to 1998, ending when Scarborough was amalgamated into Toronto.
- This farm-industry trade show, with its strong emphasis on livestock, is rated as one of the five top livestock shows in North America, along with those in Houston, Denver, Louisville and Toronto.
- The city is 90 mi south-southeast from Toronto.
- Formerly known as Port Columbus, John Glenn provides service to Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and Cancun, Mexico (on a seasonal basis), as well as to most domestic destinations, including all the major hubs along with San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Seattle by June 2019.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Toronto