Topics similar to or like Town supervisor
Elective legislative position in New York towns. Wikipedia
Head of the executive branch of New York's state government and the commander-in-chief of the state's National Guard. The officeholder has a duty to enforce state laws, to convene the New York State Legislature, the power to either approve or veto bills passed by the legislature, as well as to grant pardons, except in cases of treason and impeachment. Wikipedia
Sentences forTown supervisor
- During his tenure on the town board, he served six years as Deputy Supervisor and 8 years as Chairman of the Public Safety Committee, which oversees the police department.
- After his term in the House of Representatives, he became county judge of Suffolk County and Town supervisor of Huntington 1843–1865.
- The towns executive government is made up by of an elected Town Board (four members) and an elected Town Supervisor, both positions are part-time; terms are four years.
- As the settlement in the area increased, William was elected Town supervisor for 21 years.
- and served two two-year terms, following which he was elected Town supervisor, a job he held from 1994 until 1998, when he was elected to the New York State Assembly.
- The county's Board of Supervisors met either here or in the armory in Glens Falls until 1905, when a meeting room was built over the county clerk's offices.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Town supervisor