Websites similar to or like Twitter
American microblogging and social networking service on which users post and interact with messages known as "tweets". Wikipedia
American alt-tech social networking service known for its far-right userbase. Widely described as a haven for extremists including neo-Nazis, white supremacists, white nationalists, the alt-right, and QAnon conspiracy theorists, it has attracted users and groups who have been banned from other social media and users seeking alternatives to mainstream social media platforms. Wikipedia
American image sharing and social media service designed to enable saving and discovery of information on the internet using images and, on a smaller scale, animated GIFs and videos, in the form of pinboards. Created by Ben Silbermann, Paul Sciarra, and Evan Sharp and had over 400 million monthly active users as of August 2020. Wikipedia
American online social media and social networking service based in Menlo Park, California, and a flagship service of the namesake company Facebook, Inc. It was founded by Mark Zuckerberg, along with fellow Harvard College students and roommates Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz, and Chris Hughes. The founders of Facebook initially limited membership to Harvard students. Wikipedia
Website and app that allowed users to post pictures to the Twitter microblogging service, which at the time of TwitPic's creation could not be posted to Twitter directly. Often used by citizen journalists to upload and distribute pictures in near real-time as an event was taking place. Wikipedia
Geosocial networking mobile music streaming app that enables users to listen to and track the music their friends and neighbors are playing in real time. The service provides over 32 million tracks and allows users to create "music stations" choosing between a mix of up to three artists, or choosing a music genre. Wikipedia
American video live streaming service operated by Twitch Interactive, a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Introduced in June 2011 as a spin-off of the general-interest streaming platform Justin.tv, the site primarily focuses on video game live streaming, including broadcasts of esports competitions, in addition to music broadcasts, creative content, and more recently, "in real life" streams. Wikipedia
Free social networking and micro-blogging service that allows users to send updates through short messages or links, which can be up to 360 text characters in length (as of December 28, 2016, immediately prior to which the limit was 210, which was increased from the original limit of 140). Updates are then shown on the user's home page using a timeline, which lists all the updates received in chronological order, and delivered to other users who have chosen to receive them. Wikipedia
Online social networking service and microblogging service launched in August 2011, and owned and operated by Heello Inc. Heello enabled its users to send and read text-based posts and to share pictures and videos. Founded by Noah Everett , exactly one day after Twitter rolled out its official photo-sharing app. Wikipedia
Social networking, microblogging and messaging tool that was developed by Google which replaced Google Wave and integrated into their web-based email program, Gmail. Users could share links, photos, videos, status messages and comments organized in "conversations" and visible in the user's inbox. Wikipedia
American blog comment hosting service for web sites and online communities that use a networked platform. The company's platform includes various features, such as social integration, social networking, user profiles, spam and moderation tools, analytics, email notifications, and mobile commenting. Wikipedia
- Some of the officials themselves have verified accounts on the social networking websites that are blocked by the authorities, including Facebook and Twitter.
- More recently, in December 2009, the Supreme Court adopted Twitter to display items on the day planner of the ministers, to inform the daily actions of the Court and the most important decisions made by them.
- The incident immediately led to renewed demands to ban large cruise ships from the Giudecca Canal, including a Twitter message to that effect posted by the environment minister.
- The USGS is investigating collaboration with the social networking site Twitter to allow for more rapid construction of ShakeMaps.
- On August 5, 2020, Twitter published a blog urging its users to update their applications to the latest version with regards to a security concern that allowed others to access direct messages.
- Donald Trump has frequently criticized The New York Times on his Twitter account before and during his presidency; since November 2015, Trump has referred to the Times as "the failing New York Times" in a series of tweets.
- In January 2021, the company announced on Twitter to join the Climate Neutral Data Centre Pact, which engages the cloud infrastructure and data centers industries to reach climate neutrality in Europe by 2030.
- In April 2010, it announced plans to archive all public communication on Twitter, including all communication since Twitter's launch in March 2006.
- On April 23, 2013, the AP's Twitter account was hacked to release a hoax tweet about fictional attacks in the White House that left President Obama injured.
- In September 2011, NME.com organised and live-blogged a real-time Twitter listening party of Nirvana's 1991 album Nevermind to mark that album's 20th anniversary.
- In 2017 it began using Twitter as a medium for reading the document as well.
- In September 2020, the Government of Thailand used the Computer Crime Act for the first time, to take action against Facebook and Twitter for ignoring requests to take down content and for not complying to the court orders.
- In 2007, it launched an official blog, Dipnote, as well as a Twitter account of the same name, to engage with a global audience.
- He said via Twitter, "After 15 great years @theavclub, I step down as Film Editor next Friday."
- On some Fox programs, a hashtag rests above the affiliate's logo (for example, or #bones) to provide viewers reference to the network's official Twitter search tag to find or start discussions during the program being broadcast.
- CIA launched a Twitter account in June 2014.
- After the interview, Trump himself praised Carter's comments and thanked him over Twitter, writing "Just read the nice remarks by President Jimmy Carter about me and how badly I am treated by the press (Fake News). Thank you Mr. President!"
- The bug was publicly disclosed on Twitter, rather than through proper bug bounty programs.
- New users are able to join Myspace from the app by signing in with Facebook or Twitter or by signing up with email.
- In August 2019, BBC reported on Amazon's Twitter ambassadors.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Twitter