Topics similar to or like Two-nation theory
Ideology of religious nationalism which significantly influenced the Indian subcontinent following its independence from the British Empire. Wikipedia
Independent federal dominion in South Asia that was established in August 1947 as a result of the Pakistan Movement, which led to the Partition of British India along religious lines in order to create a separate country for British Indian Muslims. Conceived under the two-nation theory as an independent sovereign state comprising most of the Muslim-majority areas of Hindu-majority India. Wikipedia
Pakistani nationalism refers to the political, cultural, linguistic, historical, [commonly] religious and geographical expression of patriotism by the people of Pakistan, of pride in the history, heritage and identity of Pakistan, and visions for its future. Religious in nature being Islamic nationalism. Wikipedia
Sentences forTwo-nation theory
- He thus became the first politician to articulate what would become known as the Two-nation theory—that Muslims are a distinct nation and thus deserve political independence from other regions and communities of India.
- The Muslim League of India had, since the middle of twentieth century, demanded for a separate homeland on the basis of the Two-nation theory.
- The Muslim school of Indian nationalism failed to attract Muslim masses and the Islamic nationalist Muslim League enjoyed extensive popular political support.
- It was called reactionary, undemocratic, an insult to Islam, smacking of fascist approach, subversive of the ideology of Pakistan and a gross betrayal of the solemn pledges made to the people.
- Hashmi opines that as a result of the creation of Bangladesh, India has to deal with Muslim-majority Pakistan and Bangladesh on both its western and eastern sides respectively.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Two-nation theory