Subdivision types similar to or like U.S. state
Constituent political entity, of which there are currently 50. Wikipedia
Administrative or political subdivision of a state that consists of a geographic region with specific boundaries and usually some level of governmental authority. Used in 48 U.S. states, while Louisiana and Alaska have functionally equivalent subdivisions called parishes and boroughs, respectively. Wikipedia
Legal designation for an area of land managed by a federally recognized Native American tribe under the U.S. Bureau of Indian Affairs rather than the state governments of the United States in which they are physically located. Associated with a particular Native American nation. Wikipedia
The federative units of Brazil (unidades federativas do Brasil) are subnational entities with a certain degree of autonomy (self-government, self-regulation and self-collection) and endowed with their own government and constitution, which together form the Federative Republic of Brazil. There are 26 states (estados) and one federal district (distrito federal). Wikipedia
The Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, one of the two political entities of Bosnia and Herzegovina, consists of ten units called cantons. The cantons were established by the Law on Federal Units (Cantons) on 12 June 1996. Wikipedia
Sentences forU.S. state
- Like most U.S. states (32 out of 50), California law enshrines English as its official language, and has done so since the passage of Proposition 63 by California voters.
- Los Angeles was incorporated as a municipality on April 4, 1850, five months before California achieved statehood.
- The Bureau's various censuses and surveys help allocate over $675 billion in federal funds every year and it helps states, local communities, and businesses make informed decisions.
- The 50 states are the principal political divisions in the country.
- California is a state in the Pacific Coast region of the United States.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: U.S. state