Football tournaments similar to or like UEFA Champions League
Annual club football competition organised by the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) and contested by top-division European clubs, deciding the competition winners through a group and knockout format. Wikipedia
Seasonal football competition established in 1955. Named the European Cup. Wikipedia
International football competition endorsed by the Union of European Football Associations and the Confederación Sudamericana de Fútbol (CONMEBOL), contested between representative clubs from these confederations (representatives of most developed continents in the football world), usually the winners of the UEFA Champions League and the South American Copa Libertadores. Succeeded by the FIFA Club World Cup, although they both ran concurrently in 1999–2000. Wikipedia
Sentences forUEFA Champions League
- The most prestigious competition in club football is the UEFA Champions League which attracts an extensive television audience throughout the world.
- Maccabi Tel Aviv, Maccabi Haifa and Hapoel Tel Aviv have competed in the UEFA Champions League and Hapoel Tel Aviv reached the UEFA Cup quarter-finals.
- Hampden Park has hosted the final of the UEFA Champions League on three occasions, most recently in 2002 and hosted the UEFA Cup Final in 2007.
- Munich is home to several professional football teams including Bayern Munich, Germany's most successful club and a multiple UEFA Champions League winner.
- The European Cup (now UEFA Champions League) has been won by several English clubs.
- The most successful club is Steaua București, who were the first Eastern European team to win the Champions League in 1986, and were runners-up in 1989.
- The most prestigious competitions in club football are the respective continental championships, which are generally contested between national champions, for example the UEFA Champions League in Europe and the Copa Libertadores in South America.
- Rafael Márquez is the only Mexican to have won the Champions League.
- HSV is a six-time German champion, a three-time German cup winner and triumphed in the European Cup in 1983, and has played in the group stages of the Champions League twice: in 2000–01 and in 2006–07.
- Between 2005 and 2012 there was a Premier League representative in seven of the eight Champions League finals, with only "Top Four" clubs reaching that stage.
- Of Slovenian clubs, NK Maribor played three times in the group stages of the UEFA Champions League.
- In 2012, Chelsea accomplished a different cup double consisting of the FA Cup and the 2012 Champions League.
- Bayern Munich is the most successful football team in Germany having won a record 30 German titles and 6 UEFA Champions League titles.
- The top four teams in the Premier League qualify for the subsequent season's UEFA Champions League group stage.
- Vienna's Ernst Happel Stadium was the venue of four Champions League and European Champion Clubs' Cup finals (1964, 1987, 1990 and 1995) and on 29 June it hosted the final of Euro 2008 which saw a Spanish 1–0 victory over Germany.
- The biggest stadium in the country, it hosted two finals of the UEFA Champions League, in 1994 and 2007.
- Milan is the only city in Europe that is home to two European Cup/Champions League winning teams: Serie A football clubs Milan and Inter.
- It has 74 national trophies (while finishing 46 times as runners-up) and 17 continental prizes (with being runners-up 11 times), including five UEFA Champions League trophies out of eight finals and three FIFA Club World Cup wins out of four finals.
- In the 2008–09 season, Anorthosis Famagusta FC was the first Cypriot team to qualify for the UEFA Champions League Group stage.
- The national football team has never qualified for a major tournament; however, BATE Borisov has played in the Champions League.
- In 1998–99, Manchester United added the 1999 Champions League title to their league and cup double to complete a unique Treble.
- The winners of the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League also qualify for the subsequent season's UEFA Champions League group stage.
- Red Star won the UEFA Champions League (European Cup) in 1991, and Partizan was runner-up in 1966.
- Ford has also been a major sponsor of the UEFA Champions League for over two decades and is also a longtime sponsor of the Sky media channel's coverage of Premier League football.
- The nation's cadet team from Japan '93 produced some international players notably Nwankwo Kanu, a two-time African Footballer of the year who won the European Champions League with Ajax Amsterdam and later played with Inter Milan, Arsenal, West Bromwich Albion and Portsmouth.
- The city hosted the 2014 and 2020 UEFA Champions League finals.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: UEFA Champions League